• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Android Market Icon HTC Wildfire S, India

zvhipp

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Hello,
I had ordered HTC Wildfire S for a friend online from India, and he has received it in India. This is his 1st Android phone so doesn't know how to use, but he doesn't see Android Market Icon in his phone.

I read in description and Wildfire S does support Android Market in India. I do not have access to phone, and my friend is totally lost.

Question I have is, I logged in to his google account and saw setting for android market by going to market.android.com, It shows his device listed with last used, registered and carrier information. So, I went to applications, and selected Yahoo Messenger and sent it for Installation. It shows in orders list - status completed.

Does it Mean, It's installed? And What are options , easy one other than manual mess to install application if Android Market is not available?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones