• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

67jeepstang

Lurker
Dec 28, 2016
I have sprints unlimited data plan, so i never care about my data usage, nor do i have a cap warning (since its unlimited). However, i added a 1GB mobile hotspot plan to my device so i can share my cellular data to my tablet, up to 1GB per month. My question is, how can i monitor that specific tethering plan, to make sure i dont go over the 1GB/month?

what i have already done:
1) went to settings, click on data usage and saw the "hotspot and tethering" app and shows how much it used.
*i dont like this because its not easy. its a bunch of button clicks and scrolling to get there.
2) i went to sprint.com and I can look at a gauge that shows how much of my 1GB i used in a month.
*but that too is annoying; to constantly have to sign in and look at my account is not intuitive.

what id like, is to know if there is an app/widget that is a gauge of sort, for only what my phone outputs during TETHERING to a device. Again, i could care less about wifi or cellular data in general because i have an unlimited plan, but i need to specifically know about my usage as it pertains to my 1GB tethering plan only.

hope i explained my situation well enough. thank you all in advance for your expertise.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones