• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Carrier IQ Remover 3.2 Final (10/26/11)

You didn't flash anything else on your phone after you did the mod did you?

If the flash took correctly that service won't be running. Try flashing it again and see what happens
Nope. I haven't done anything else to the phone 'cept for downloading a couple games on it. I was running stock rooted rom with hroarkernel 1.2 with the EE14 fix before I flashed this over. Could that have something to do with it?

Update: Reflashed but when rebooted, phone just sits at the flashing Samsung logo screen and vibrates once every min or so. Been like this for almost 30 mins now. I'm just going to reboot the phone into CWM Recovery and restore it to like it was before the first flash for now.

Nope. I haven't done anything else to the phone 'cept for downloading a couple games on it. I was running stock rooted rom with hroarkernel 1.2 with the EE14 fix before I flashed this over. Could that have something to do with it?

your on the stock rom? you gotta have shabbymod installed for it to work

your on the stock rom? you gotta have shabbymod installed for it to work

I have hroark's kernel, shabbymod 0.9 loaded, CWM, and a Royal theme all setup. Then I installed the remover.

Still stuck on the shabbymod boot screen. I did a factory reset from CWM, and nothing changed.

I have hroark's kernel, shabbymod 0.9 loaded, CWM, and a Royal theme all setup. Then I installed the remover.

Still stuck on the shabbymod boot screen. I did a factory reset from CWM, and nothing changed.

Did you preform a backup?

Did you preform a backup?

I'm just doing another "clean" install. Everything was great until I installed the IQ remover. I just redid the whole phone with all the new toys, so it I didn't lose anything. CWM and Shabby are pretty awesome tools to make a device like the Prevail better. Props to all the guys working on this stuff.

Lotsa good stuff here to tinker with. If anybody has an idea to do a perfect install, that would be cool.

so im kinda lost. basically if i flash this via CWM and flash a theme after or whatever after, i would have to reflash the carrier'iq zip?

so im kinda lost. basically if i flash this via CWM and flash a theme after or whatever after, i would have to reflash the carrier'iq zip?

this and themes use the same files, if you flash one it will overwrite the other.

if you want ciq off your phone either use this or the temporary simple blue i linked. anything else will overwrite this and ciq will still be on your phone

So I did this on shabby .9, and the shabbykernal. my phone just constantly rebooted and I ended up restoring from my backup. Now my phone is constantly searching for service.

So I did this on shabby .9, and the shabbykernal. my phone just constantly rebooted and I ended up restoring from my backup. Now my phone is constantly searching for service.

The mod has 60 downloads and only 4 bootloops reported counting yours

So i really can't figure out why it bootloops for some people. unless you guys are getting corrupt downloads or the files aren't flashing correctly. maybe try redownloading it.

I just used odin and I still don't have service? I is not ciqremover, but now I have no clue.

edit: there is a service outage in my area!

Anybody that flashes this and gets in a bootloop try downloading the regular simple blue or green and flash it, then try flashing either the iq remover or the SimpleBlue3.1NoCIQ.zip

It worked for one person so hopefully it works for anybody lol

I must say that I never realized just how big of a battery hog that the carrier iq was until I flashed the no carrier iq zip. It used to be that I couldn't make it through a full day without having to recharge. I flashed the zip this morning while at work, and after a full day of reasonably heavy use I still have 3/4 of charge left. Thankyou.

Anybody that flashes this and gets in a bootloop try downloading the regular simple blue or green and flash it, then try flashing either the iq remover or the SimpleBlue3.1NoCIQ.zip

this actually worked thanks!

Did this, and the bootloop is gone. But I flashed the stockfont because the font on the Simple themes as well as Shabby's .9 mod is too hard on the eyes. Does that affect the IQ Remover?

ETA for update: did a factory reset, and now stuck in bootloop. Will do another restore, and I need a beer before I toss this device out the window.

Can you release how you did this so other people can develop further with their own projects?

After going through all the steps the amount of free space I have left on the internal memory isn't worth the reward of having CIQ removed.

Can you release how you did this so other people can develop further with their own projects?

I already said what i did earlier in the thread

I removed the code for it in framework-res.apk/AndroidManifest.xml and that disabled it from starting then i deleted the carrieriq folder in framework.jar

After going through all the steps the amount of free space I have left on the internal memory isn't worth the reward of having CIQ removed.

This mod won't take up anymore space on your phone, if anything it actually frees up like 6 mb's cause of the shit i deleted. just wipe your dalvik cache after using it.

This mod won't take up anymore space on your phone, if anything it actually frees up like 6 mb's cause of the shit i deleted. just wipe your dalvik cache after using it.

Well going from my modified stock to this I lost almost 50mb of internal storage. The dalvik was wiped and still the same problem. I even started with a fresh install of ee14 too so something is causing a shit load of space to get eaten.

Well going from my modified stock to this I lost almost 50mb of internal storage. The dalvik was wiped and still the same problem. I even started with a fresh install of ee14 too so something is causing a shit load of space to get eaten.

you know this mod flashes to the system rom right? internal storage is where apps and shit you download go

you know this mod flashes to the system rom right? internal storage is where apps and shit you download go

I realize that but I can't just install this on a stock rom and be done with it. There are other steps involved in getting this to work. I get that removing code frees up space but the other steps involved are taking up the free space.

I'm doing this on a fresh phone w/o having any apps installed. I didn't even let the apps on there update

Back
Top Bottom