• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Carrier IQ Remover 3.2 Final (10/26/11)

I realize that but I can't just install this on a stock rom and be done with it. There are other steps involved in getting this to work. I get that removing code frees up space but the other steps involved are taking up the free space.

I'm doing this on a fresh phone w/o having any apps installed. I didn't even let the apps on there update

Try using link2sd. Open out up and re link library files and dalvik files. That should get your space back.

Try using link2sd. Open out up and re link library files and dalvik files. That should get your space back.

All files were linked and this was on a fresh install. I played around with this for about 3 hours trying all different things to get back the free space and no luck. The bloat is coming from within the process to get this installed not anything I am adding to it. on a fresh install on the modified stock I have 101 mb free internal memory. On a fresh install using all the steps needed to get CIQ removed I have 54mb free. Thats less space than my modified stock fully loaded with all the apps I could dream of.

I realize that but I can't just install this on a stock rom and be done with it. There are other steps involved in getting this to work. I get that removing code frees up space but the other steps involved are taking up the free space.

I'm doing this on a fresh phone w/o having any apps installed. I didn't even let the apps on there update

Maybe its cause i just woke up but your confusing me bro

All you need to flash this is shabbymod and cwm and installing both of them takes like 10 mins

how much free space on your system rom do you have? on my bros phone last week i odined it to stock, took update, rooted, flashed kernel and cwm then shabbymod and my theme and his phone had around 105mb free internal space and 65ish mb free on the rom

All files were linked and this was on a fresh install. I played around with this for about 3 hours trying all different things to get back the free space and no luck. The bloat is coming from within the process to get this installed not anything I am adding to it. on a fresh install on the modified stock I have 101 mb free internal memory. On a fresh install using all the steps needed to get CIQ removed I have 54mb free. Thats less space than my modified stock fully loaded with all the apps I could dream of.

i have flash and some other apps stored on my system rom and i have 50mb free, and flash is 11 mb's

what are you using to see how much free space you have?

I used Hoark's test rom to get everything up to par to do the CIQ patch. Maybe thats the deciding factor on the space but I was under the impression its just everything like the kernal and shabby mod in 1 easy package to install. After I install the test rom I have 54mb free on the system and around 50mb free on the rom itself. I'll try it later w/o the test rom and see if I get different results.

I have been using titanium backup to track my free space

Well, after giving this a day to try, I have a new problem in that i'm stuck in another sort of boot issue, where the phone does boot in, but the boot animation doesn't stop. So I can't get into the phone although it's active.

My steps were to do a full power of instead of a reboot, and powered it back on. Did a battery pull, rebooted, and came back into the phone only to have my widgets not found. This happened twice.

Testing battery usage as well. At 20 percent after almost 8 hrs of normal use.

I must say that I never realized just how big of a battery hog that the carrier iq was until I flashed the no carrier iq zip. It used to be that I couldn't make it through a full day without having to recharge. I flashed the zip this morning while at work, and after a full day of reasonably heavy use I still have 3/4 of charge left. Thankyou.
I've experienced a similar boost in battery life. Making it through a whole day on a single charge is no problem now.

Just got done cleaning up my porch, I had my phone with me streaming with the radio.com app over wifi the whole time I was cleaning (2-3 hours I think)
When I sat down after I was done, I had 83% battery left. Super happy

I downloaded and tried to install but got a boot loop. Pulled battery then booted into cwm - wiped - flashed (the original) simple blue 3.1 - still boot looped.
Went back to stock using EE14_RT_CWM_rev3_HK_1_2.
Flashed shabbymod 0.9 loaded.
Flashed simple blue 3.1.
Flashed simple blue with ciq mod.
This time it worked and seemed to run okay until I started doing updates. Which is when I started to get the notifications that "google talk authentication failed".
After downloading your files again, just in case there was any corruption i tried 3 more times.
1.Did it the same way as earlier and "google talk authentication failed".
2.One more time except i used simple green this time and "google talk authentication failed".
3.One last time except i flashed RC1 after installing shabbymod and "google talk authentication failed".

GOD I HATE THAT MESSAGE lol....... well someone told me that google was havin problems so i decided to wait before trying again.

I downloaded and tried to install but got a boot loop. Pulled battery then booted into cwm - wiped - flashed (the original) simple blue 3.1 - still boot looped.
Went back to stock using EE14_RT_CWM_rev3_HK_1_2.
Flashed shabbymod 0.9 loaded.
Flashed simple blue 3.1.
Flashed simple blue with ciq mod.
This time it worked and seemed to run okay until I started doing updates. Which is when I started to get the notifications that "google talk authentication failed".
After downloading your files again, just in case there was any corruption i tried 3 more times.
1.Did it the same way as earlier and "google talk authentication failed".
2.One more time except i used simple green this time and "google talk authentication failed".
3.One last time except i flashed RC1 after installing shabbymod and "google talk authentication failed".

GOD I HATE THAT MESSAGE lol....... well someone told me that google was havin problems so i decided to wait before trying again.

the google message doesn't have anything to do with the mod

as for the bootloops, I don't know why it took you multiple tries. from what i've seen it only took other people flashing the regular theme once then the mod to end them

btw you don't need to pull the battery if your bootlooping, just hold your power button down till it restarts or hold vol up and power and you'll boot to cwm

I have a question?

1. How come after I flash the "remove CIQ"

My application permissions all pretty much read the same. They now all have 3 main permissions and all the original app permissions are gone

Just about every one states (in orange text) that it can

*Record audio:
QQ (?)

*Permanently disable phone:

Main

____

None of these really make any sense. Seems like info just all jumbled together

2. Now there is something new showing up in my battery usage.

It is called "Access fine location sources such as global ..."

It showed that after 1hr 45min it used 6% of my battery

It also shows up in the Settings in Manage applications under the "running" tab. It lists it has a whole bunch of permissions that seem suspicious.

When I flash back to a CIQ enabled theme or rom. Everything is like normal. Original app permissions return and battery usage and manage applications no longer shows it running.

Not sure what any of this means but I figured I had see if anyone else has seen this.

Please post if you see this running on your phone too.

P.S. gps was off when I made this discovery

I have a question?

1. How come after I flash the "remove CIQ"

My application permissions all pretty much read the same. They now all have 3 main permissions and all the original app permissions are gone

Just about every one states (in orange text) that it can

*Record audio:
QQ (?)

*Permanently disable phone:

Main

____

None of these really make any sense. Seems like info just all jumbled together

2. Now there is something new showing up in my battery usage.

It is called "Access fine location sources such as global ..."

It showed that after 1hr 45min it used 6% of my battery

It also shows up in the Settings in Manage applications under the "running" tab. It lists it has a whole bunch of permissions that seem suspicious.

When I flash back to a CIQ enabled theme or rom. Everything is like normal. Original app permissions return and battery usage and manage applications no longer shows it running.

Not sure what any of this means but I figured I had see if anyone else has seen this.

Please post if you see this running on your phone too.

P.S. gps was off when I made this discovery

I didn't notice that stuff till you said that

Only thing i can figure out is ciq hides that shit from you and removing it makes it visible

lol inside services.jar theres a file called BrickReceiver

Code:
.class public Lcom/android/server/BrickReceiver;
.super Landroid/content/BroadcastReceiver;
.source "BrickReceiver.java"

# direct methods
.method public constructor <init>()V
    .registers 1

.prologue
    .line 25
    invoke-direct {p0}, Landroid/content/BroadcastReceiver;-><init>()V

return-void
.end method

# virtual methods
.method public onReceive(Landroid/content/Context;Landroid/content/Intent;)V
    .registers 5
    .parameter "context"
    .parameter "intent"

.prologue
    .line 28
    const-string v0, "BrickReceiver"

const-string v1, "!!! BRICKING DEVICE !!!"

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Landroid/util/Slog;->w(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

.line 29
    const-string v0, "brick"

invoke-static {v0}, Landroid/os/SystemService;->start(Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 30
    return-void
.end method

and this inside framework-res.apk

Code:
<string name="permlab_brick">permanently disable phone</string>
<string name="permdesc_brick">Allows the application to disable the entire phone permanently. This is very dangerous.</string>

i guess thats what the permission for Permanently disable phone uses

probably for if your phone gets stolen, idk tho.

I have simple blue with cir mod flashed on my phone already. I am willing to try the 2.0 version, but is helpful to flash it with my current setup?

I have simple blue with cir mod flashed on my phone already. I am willing to try the 2.0 version, but is helpful to flash it with my current setup?

yeah it would be helpful. i just need to know if anybody gets a bootloop from it

after you test it you could flash or restore back to your normal setup. if this version works ok i'm gonna throw it in my next theme update

I have been test ing the last two days and found out that if you run this with script manager out causes phone to bootlap or blue screen.. Since I deleted script no problems

am i the only one getting fc vibrations on this phone with any theme or ciq mood or even the porwer/widget mod????

Back
Top Bottom