• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Carrier IQ Remover 3.2 Final (10/26/11)

btw, just curious

is one way to tell if the CIQ remover is working, is by hearing or not hearing the little "doo dee doo" chime when the phone system boots up?

or is that not related?

that sound is just the phone getting signal, you won't hear it if the phone is on vibrate or silent.

doesn't have anything to do with ciq

quick question, does simple green 4.1 already have CIQ removed, or do I need to flash the remover?

Also, ever since I rooted, I am getting a notification to update my su binary, if I do will this disable the CIQ removal, and my root access? Thanks

quick question, does simple green 4.1 already have CIQ removed, or do I need to flash the remover?

Also, ever since I rooted, I am getting a notification to update my su binary, if I do will this disable the CIQ removal, and my root access? Thanks

yes, simple blue/green 4.1 have CIQ removed

nah, updating the binary won't mess with the removal or root

okay perhaps i'm an exception but i'm just wondering if i'm the only one here... has anyone noticed a noticeable increase in battery consumption AFTER removing CIQ?

i know there is less processes running and a good bit of extra memory, it seems that with nothing running other than whats left after koumakernal and noCIQ by way of simple blue...like 6 or 7 processes...no widgets or update services at all my phone burns through the juice.

today it took 9.5 hours to completely die..it was in my pocket made a couple short calls..checked email twice...97 percent of battery use was for cell standby and phone idle....i would think it would be reversed

anyways just curious if i'm a lone wolf here...thanks for feedback and input :)

something is conflicting with it if your battery is worse, doing a odin to EE14 root with CWM and hroarkkernal then reflashing everything should fix it

well heres a little history....i've actually gone back and forth numerous times..as do most people with a modding addiction..anyways i've been updating with all the different kernels and ext4 rom all the different ciq's and simple blues and themes and such...my phone gets completely redone almost weekly except for recently i've finally gotten content with certain parts of it but the only consistency was without ciq my battery drains faster than with the extra processes and ciq still installed...right now i'm running CTMod with simple bluestock with a2sd installed and all other apps on sd....removed a few from ROM like browser and gmail since i use other apps on sd...it's not that big a deal and other people probably wouldn't notice but i'm sort of anal about stuff like my battery and such

well heres a little history....i've actually gone back and forth numerous times..as do most people with a modding addiction..anyways i've been updating with all the different kernels and ext4 rom all the different ciq's and simple blues and themes and such...my phone gets completely redone almost weekly except for recently i've finally gotten content with certain parts of it but the only consistency was without ciq my battery drains faster than with the extra processes and ciq still installed...right now i'm running CTMod with simple bluestock with a2sd installed and all other apps on sd....removed a few from ROM like browser and gmail since i use other apps on sd...it's not that big a deal and other people probably wouldn't notice but i'm sort of anal about stuff like my battery and such

your using CTMod and your battery is still draining fast? I use less then a percent in a hour idle

sitting in my pocket it uses 1 percent every five-ten minutes with noi extra processes running other than CTMod

sitting in my pocket it uses 1 percent every five-ten minutes with noi extra processes running other than CTMod

lol thats weird, no way it should be going down that fast

my phone used to go through battery real fast back when i had shabbymod 0.8 and the manual modem update. but when shabby released his first kernal i used odin to start over and haven't had any problems with my battery since.

maybe your phone is searching for signal alot? idk

i think i'm just gonna start over ..odin back to ee14 do a reset then flash ctmod again with new simpleblue and see what happens

lol thats weird, no way it should be going down that fast

my phone used to go through battery real fast back when i had shabbymod 0.8 and the manual modem update. but when shabby released his first kernal i used odin to start over and haven't had any problems with my battery since.

maybe your phone is searching for signal alot? idk

i think i'm just gonna start over ..odin back to ee14 do a reset then flash ctmod again with new simpleblue and see what happens
I actually had the same results myself, though I figured it was a conflict I still have not resolved it.
I recently went with your ciq remove 3.1 and was still finding it was draining faster then expected. though not as bad as when I first tried. I was still getting over 24 hours with heavish use.

I have a theme with nociq right now and it is loosing about 2% per hour I think. Though when it gets down to the 20% and under it seems to last longer.

I tried to use the instruction on the first post to flash the simple blue. Phone came back up but its not blue? I'm wondering if anything changed at all? Is there a way to know if the spy junk is on the phone? During the updating is did say it was completed.

I tried to use the instruction on the first post to flash the simple blue. Phone came back up but its not blue? I'm wondering if anything changed at all? Is there a way to know if the spy junk is on the phone? During the updating is did say it was completed.

you are on froyo and shabbymod right? and you just tried flashing simple blue, you didn't try flashing anything else after simple blue did you?

you are on froyo and shabbymod right? and you just tried flashing simple blue, you didn't try flashing anything else after simple blue did you?

This is for Shabbymod on Froyo ONLY

The following text suggests its "for" Shabbymod, as in a person or some other noun. on Froyo which I believe the indulge has.

So no I dont have Shabbymod as I figured it was the person this was designed for. your response leads to to believe I need something called shabbymod. Will look for that. No nothing further was installed.

---------------
Ok I found it here on the forums and figured I could use CW to install. I ran the zip and it said installation aborted. So I guess that was the incorrect file. It was called "loaded-9.0"

also found this

Must Be Rooted To Install! ORIGINAL POST: androidforums.com DOWNLOAD SHABBYMOD Version 0.9-Loaded: goo.gl ** unzip the Loaded or Slim Folder onto your desktop ** open the folder ** double click on the Shabbymod-09-Loaded.bat ** follow the on-screen prompts from the window that will pop up. ///***
I will look for a doid un zipper but "desktop" "double-click" , does not sound like the right instructions for a phone? Does it need to be done via debug? My phone is already rooted and running CW fine, is this really needed?

This is for Shabbymod on Froyo ONLY

The following text suggests its "for" Shabbymod, as in a person or some other noun. on Froyo which I believe the indulge has.

So no I dont have Shabbymod as I figured it was the person this was designed for. your response leads to to believe I need something called shabbymod. Will look for that. No nothing further was installed.

---------------
Ok I found it here on the forums and figured I could use CW to install. I ran the zip and it said installation aborted. So I guess that was the incorrect file. It was called "loaded-9.0"

also found this

I will look for a doid un zipper but "desktop" "double-click" , does not sound like the right instructions for a phone? Does it need to be done via debug? My phone is already rooted and running CW fine, is this really needed?

wait a sec, your phone isn't a prevail?

Whoa... LOL I'm lost. What is prevail?

so shabby is to be installed via debug ( usb with drivers ) ? If so, and if I already have clock work + root on this thing, is this a must for this ciq remover?

Whoa... LOL I'm lost. What is prevail?

so shabby is to be installed via debug ( usb with drivers ) ? If so, and if I already have clock work on this thing, is this a must for this ciq remover?

What is prevail?????? Are you sure you know where you are on android forums? Whatphone do youhave? I think your in the wrong section possibly

Ah, that explains it. I guess my searching for removing the CIQ on the indulge lead me to the wrong place. Good thing it didnt brick my phone. eek

----------
hmmm, I download that logging test app and the CIQ check list returned nothing so I guess its not on my phone anyways, sorry for posting in the from place :/

Ah, that explains it. I guess my searching for removing the CIQ on the indulge lead me to the wrong place. Good thing it didnt brick my phone. eek

----------
hmmm, I download that logging test app and the CIQ check list returned nothing so I guess its not on my phone anyways, sorry for posting in the from place :/

Were glad you didn't brick it either. I guess you got lucky today. Lol

Back
Top Bottom