• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD][JB.B11] Tweaked Mms.apk

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Disclaimer: You are choosing to use this mod...deal with the consequences ;)

This is a mod for Stock Mms.apk that will show you the time the text was sent instead of the time you receive it. It also removes the automatic conversion of 7 sms texts to mms when sending.

Here is a scenario where this mod comes in handy...

You are waiting for a text to pick up your girl and it finally comes in. It says "be here in 10 minutes". You think to yourself, cool i have time to grab a bite to eat. So you eat and then leave to pick her up. Except as you are leaving she calls and says "where the **** are you?" I am just leaving is not a good response, but there is nothing you can do about the fact that your carrier didn't deliver the message to you until 20 minutes after she sent it.

With this mod, when the text comes in you will see that it was sent 20 minutes ago and can move quickly instead of stopping for a sandwich.

To use the mod, download and flash in cwm:
Tweaked Mms.apk 2

To revert to stock Mms.apk:
Stock Mms.apk

Enjoy!

Everyone should be sure to grab v2 because the first one didn't work lol. You win some you lose some ;)

This is one of the best and most useful Modz out for a smartphone. I hope the manufacturers get a clue, take note, and install this helpful programming in ALL their phones. AWESOME JOB SuperR!!

SuperR I have the Galaxy Rush with JB 4.1.2, would this mod work on it??
You could decompile and modify your Mms.apk for the galaxy rush, but you can't use this one as it is made specifically for the warp2. Things are different on Samsung devices so I am not sure how you would do it. Some Googling may help you find what you are looking for.

edit: If you post a link to a zip with your framework-res.apk and Mms.apk I will take a look and see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom