• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Monstro's Rom v10 ZV6 LS660 4.4.2 Fastest and Lightest Rom UPDATED 4/22/2016

just wondering if this is only on my end but my Android version says 4.4.4 but the versions listed for your rom is still 4.4.2. Just curious. Still loving this rom, thank you again.

Hello!
I installed this rom last night, and i've run into a few problems; wanted to see if I could get some assistance...
Rom installed smoothly, so I began to set up the phone, running Link2SD and all that good stuff. Now it seems that whenever I turn the device off, it soft bricks it. Fortunately, I made a NAND in TWRP after getting my apps installed. So, when the phone is shut down, I have to boot into TWRP and restore my backup, else I can't get past the Virgin Mobile screen. Any idea what the problem is there?
Another problem I had (that may be related to the above) is that when I booted to TWRP to make another NAND backup after finishing setting up Link2SD, the phone also bricked upon restart.
Also (I'm not sure if this worked after the first install), Bluetooth isn't working. I have a backup of the com.android.bluetooth with Titanium Backup, but when I go to restore it, it throws an error (can't give you the text of the error atm, as the phone is not currently here).
One thing to note-- I was unable to find the /carrier/itson folder that is mentioned in the install directions. I installed the rom and explored all (well, most, lol) of the folders in TWRP, but could not find the folder. However, the rom started fine; Did I need to open the .zip and delete it from the package prior to installing? The directive in the instructions isn't that clear, IMHO.
Anyhow, thanks in advance for any assistance anyone's able to provide! Hope to hear something soon.

Sounds like you didn't wipe before installing, my room doesn't have the virgin mobile boot screen. As far as the itson folder it can only be viewed through a file browser, twrp can't see it

Sounds like you didn't wipe before installing, my room doesn't have the virgin mobile boot screen. As far as the itson folder it can only be viewed through a file browser, twrp can't see it
I did wipe before installing, but... I didn't format /data, like the instructions for some custom roms direct you to do, when you encounter an issue... Perhaps that is my next step.
Anyhow, I found the folder I was looking for. It was system/vendor/itson. Upon deleting it, the phone will now turn off/on properly, and I am getting a stronger signal. I used a root browser and deleted it right off the phone and rebooted. Do I need to actually extract the original .zip and remove the folder, re-zip, and re-install, or ya'll think what I've done would be sufficient? As far as the non-starting thing is concerned, that's fixed... Could this have anything to do with my BT problem?

Edit: just noticed rotation is acting wonky too. Screen will rotate to landscape, but won't return to portrait mode w/o turning rotation off. I think i'm gonna wipe and format /data, do a clean flash, and report back.

Last edited:
Itson is built into the phone not the rom
That's odd, because I found it in the zip for the rom.
_20160908_191125.JPG

Edit: i went back and re-read your first post, and I believe I'm understanding now... You're saying that I would need to delete that folder from my phone PRIOR to flashing your rom, eh? I see. So... Being as I didn't do that, am I fubared over here, or what?

Last edited:
Well... First I deleted /itson out of the .zip, sent it to my sd card and attempted to flash it; of course, that makes the flash fail. So then, I performed a wipe with TWRP and formatted /data, and then flashed the original zip, and I'm met with the soft brick. If deleting /itson from the rom .zip isn't the way to do it, and there's no way to delete the folder from TWRP, then I'm obviously missing some kind of step.
Anyway, as it currently stands, i've restored my nandroid backup I made prior to wiping/formatting and trying to reinstall, so the phone works again... Let's move on.
Anyone got an idea on how to restore bluetooth functionality?
As I mentioned before, I have a TB backup of my apps, but two files won't restore:
Bluetooth 4.4.2-LS660ZV6.1439787939
Shell 4.4.2-LS660ZV6.1439787939
I get "Batch restore finished (2 elements failed)", when trying to restore both using the batch feature.
If I pull up each file under the Backup/Restore tab, the app just sits there showing the processing circle, and doesn't do anything, and I have to force close TB from settings/apps. Same results whether trying to restore app, or app+data.
I'm not sure what the Shell file is, but I *really* need bluetooth functionality for the car. It's practically the most important feature.
Anybody know where I can find a repository of roms for this phone? I've looked on xda-developers, and came up with a bunch of nothing. I'd be happy to try any other rom(s) anyone could recommend. Thanks again!

its not in my zips, everything works perfect on my 4 phones, and no one has reported any problems, only issues like this ive seen is when ppl flash over another rom,

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-28-53[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-28-53[1].png
    48.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 237
That's odd, because I found it in the zip for the rom.
View attachment 109511

Edit: i went back and re-read your first post, and I believe I'm understanding now... You're saying that I would need to delete that folder from my phone PRIOR to flashing your rom, eh? I see. So... Being as I didn't do that, am I fubared over here, or what?

yes has to be deleted before flashing my rom

its not in my zips, everything works perfect on my 4 phones, and no one has reported any problems, only issues like this ive seen is when ppl flash over another rom,

yes has to be deleted before flashing my rom

Okay, well I'm confused, because it most certainly is in the zip I've downloaded. Anyway, moving on...

The nandroid backup I made of the stock rom got corrupted (garbage SD card), so would you happen to have a backup of the stock rom you could share with me so that I might start over from square 1? Thanks in advance!

Edit: also, you might consider cleaning up the language in your instructions. Something like "Before flashing this ROM, please delete system/vendor/itson folder from your current ROM, otherwise..."

Edit 2: i found a stock rom.

Last edited:
Clearly States

This step needs to be done before flashing To Disable Activation And Other Issues Flashing Roms
CAN ONLY BE DELETED IN A ROM>>>>Delete "/carrier/itson"
Causes issues with 4g and Won't let you boot custom roms

system/vendor/itson isnt the right folder

Clearly States

This step needs to be done before flashing To Disable Activation And Other Issues Flashing Roms
CAN ONLY BE DELETED IN A ROM>>>>Delete "/carrier/itson"
Causes issues with 4g and Won't let you boot custom roms

system/vendor/itson isnt the right folder

Look, guy, i read that, okay? My point was, the language isn't exactly clear, despite your attestation to the contrary... My second point: there is NO ITSON FOLDER IN MY /CARRIER DIRECTORY. IT IS UNDER SYSTEM/VENDOR. NO WHERE ELSE.

But this is all moot (for me) because i've now moved to another rom. So do what you do, fella.

Glad u found a current Ron as this phone is dead

Hey man, first off I want to apologize for coming at you sideways this morning... I've only gotten like 10 hours of sleep the last 3+ days, and I recognize that I came across a little ugly, so, sorry about that.

Now, here's where I'm at: I got a stock deodexed rom (e2nas_stock_zv5_deodexed_v2.zip), flashed it and set up the phone, and everything seemed to go swimmingly. But, as I found out while out of the house today, I'm not getting the data connection from VM. Clearly, that isn't going to work. Since this is a stock rom, I'm guessing I can still locate and delete the ITSON folder, and then move to your rom. How do I go about doing that? We already discussed that the folder in question can't be seen from the file manager in TWRP. I guess I need to install a file manager with root privleges on the rom i have currently, delete the folder, then go about the standard wipe/flash routine, right? That's what I'm going to try to do right now, so if i've got something confused in the process, please let me know how to do it properly. Thanks in advance.

Edit: i've got it running, with working bluetooth (!), and i've got a signal, though it's only 1 bar, but i suppose it's progress. I've got a message saying i'm using a default mac address, and to write the proper mac address with testmode tool... What is that, where do i find it?

More edits: it seems that whether I have signal or not, i can't use internet when i'm not on wi-fi, which was the same problem i had on the other rom. I'm really confused.

Last edited:
I've never seen "default mac address, and to write the proper mac address with testmode tool" before and cant even find anything on it. could try and use a mac changer from the play store

how was your signal on the stock rom?

I've never seen "default mac address, and to write the proper mac address with testmode tool" before and cant even find anything on it. could try and use a mac changer from the play store
You know, I saw something regarding this message in another forum whilst trolling around for rom options, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was. From what I recall, there's some kind of #*#*xxxx#*#* code you can punch in to access one of the hidden menus, and that will tell you what the mac address is. Searching on google, I could only find codes related to the Tribute 2, which didn't work.

how was your signal on the stock rom?

I had more bars on the stock rom than I had when I originally installed your rom, so I thought the issue was dealt with. I could text and make phone calls and stuff, so i'm not really sure what the problem was. I didn't try to do that when I originally installed your rom, as I was already disappointed at my non-working bluetooth, so I had stopped at that point and began looking for other options. I'm just not sure what's going on, it seems every time I try something, i'm presented with a new wrinkle. When the phone gets back home (it's a family member's phone, actually), i'll get a screen cap of the error message so you can see what i'm talking about.
I'm still thinking this has something to do with the carrier/itson folder that i'm not able to locate. The other VM phone in this household is a stock optimus V, and it gets full signal here in the house. Of course, that's 3g, not 4g, but I'd think the 4g signal strength would be just as strong, if not stronger (not really sure, as I've just now gotten a 4g phone myself through another provider, so i'm not really versed on the ins and outs of the whole thing). I really wish the SD card that was originally in this tribute hadn't become corrupted, because it'd be great to flash back to the stock zv6 nandroid I had made so i'd have a base for comparison as far as signal strength was concerned.
(you wouldn't happen to have one yourself, would you? It'd offer some great information to the scenario...)

I had seen in one of the roms I'd looked at, that it wouldn't work properly with the Virgin Mobile 'data done right' (from walmart) models of the phone... Do you know how I might determine if this phone is a ddr phone? It was bought off ebay, so I don't know if it is or not. If it actually were one of the walmart phones, might that explain why i'm not seeing the carrier/itson folder?

This is so irritating! I'm almost considering dumping this phone and buying a replacement, one that has 8gb or 16gb of internal storage, as the lacking storage space on the tribute is what spurned this entire rom flashing process. I had rooted the stock rom, and was using link2sd, and somehow bricked the thing and corrupted the sd card, so I was kind of scrambling in the wee hours of the morning just to restore functionality to the thing. I am not a big fan of link2sd... I like the os2sd thing a lot better. If i knew how to compile roms myself, I'd take a stab at it, but...

This is built for both ddr and non ddr

By that you mean what, exactly? Oh, my bad, lol... I was thinking ram, not 'data done right' :D

So that's not the issue then... I made a nandroid, then formatted the entire phone, rebooted back to recovery and re-flashed, and the situation is unchanged. <shrug> guess I'm buying her another phone next week :S

Yeah, I'm getting the same error. I think it has something to do with the DDR SIM.

Heeey... You wouldn't happen to have a stock nandroid backup, would you? Since the micro SD became corrupted, I don't have any ability to revert to stock. It'd be a great help!

I've got the system.img that I pulled after I upgraded to zv6. How did your sdcard get corrupted? Give me some time to look into it.
If it's OK with @grandamle91 I can make a flashable stock, but I would need to use some of his components.

How did your sdcard get corrupted?
Tbh, the first mistake was made at the time of purchase (bootleg-ass Chinese manufacturer), but the corruption had to do with link2sd. At some point during the 'all-nite flashstravaganza' I did, the thing just got frustrated, I guess, because I could no longer read or write to it, even with a desktop PC. So along with apps and save game data (nbd) went the backup from twrp (real bd). The moral of the story is, buy kingston or sandisk sd cards. :)

Back
Top Bottom