• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

motoblur vs launcherpro

types of launcher

• Stock Launcher (Motoblur)

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • LauncherPro (beta or plus)

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea what launchers are

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

jangatang

Just curious, who here is using launcherpro compared to the droid x stock launcher motoblur?

i recently switched back from launcherpro back to motoblur because i love customizing and resizing widgets.

Please feel free to vote and scribble a few words to why you use a certain launcher!

I absolutely love LP+. There's so much customization available and it runs butter smooth.

It does run smoother, but it bothers me that using launcherpro, i'll never be able to take advantage of droid x's unique capability to resize widgets (confirmed by fredrico, the LP developer, via twitter). Plus, i'm hoping that froyo will improve the motoblur up to par with launcherpro.

I made the switch to LP and although the ability to resize widgets was cool they didnot look that great. If they somehow make the widgets look better I may go back. Then again I do love to navigate the home screens in landscape

All i really want from froyo update is 5 apps in a column in home page. LP does this and it looks so clean.
p.s. the new update last night changed the calendar widget on motoblur. Looks very clean in my opinion.

All i really want from froyo update is 5 apps in a column in home page. LP does this and it looks so clean.
p.s. the new update last night changed the calendar widget on motoblur. Looks very clean in my opinion.

not gonna lie. after saying how i switched back to Motoblur, i switched back-back to LauncherPro. This time, LauncherPro Plus and i'm not going back.
I like the developer and the fact that he actually replied to my question (via twitter) was really nice of him. Go Federico!

for those of you with twitter, you guys can follow him too. shoot him some questions, he just might answer ;)
Federico Carnales (fedecarnales) on Twitter

LauncherPro on the X, FTW!!!!
M.B. (stock), no competition.
I love having all my homescreens in landscape!
I also love the scrollable app dock ;)

LauncherPro on the X, FTW!!!!
M.B. (stock), no competition.
I love having all my homescreens in landscape!
I also love the scrollable app dock ;)

How do you get the scrollable app dock? Also how do you customize this? I downloaded it and I saw no way of customizing...

LauncherPro was the first thing I installed on my DX. I haven't messed with stock at all since the 30 seconds it took me to load up the Marketplace and download LauncherPro.

The scrolling dock is in LauncherPro, to customize you simply press and hold on one of the icons like you would on the homescreen. To scroll, just flick the dock left or right to get more spaces to fill up.

I keep going back and forth, I just can't decide. I used LP on my Droid but I do love being able to resize the picture frame widget (I use the heck outa that) and jump between the screens without having to use the pinch overview.

Back