• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Motorola Moto G (2014) — Indian Moto G2 Dead [i think]

TheDroidd

Lurker
May 23, 2016
This is all I did-

I rooted my moto g2 which was running marshmallow but something went wrong so somehow I managed to install kitkat on it [ maybe that was custom] . So after using it for a month, I faced many problems like Internet Issue, Google Play Store issues. So I un-rooted it again, and tried to install Marshmallow on it via OTA [ i got notification that Marshmallow is available ] . So I installed it, process completed 100% then phone screen gone black. And then it never again started. I've tried all solutions available on internet like volume down+power button, volume down+power button while charging. I charged it for around 2 hours but still no change. When I connect it to my PC, I get a message unknown usb, which means PC is detecting it and there's still some hope [ i think] . Also LED notification light is also not blinking.

I hope anyone of you can help me out. It's out of warranty and I don't want to spend my time and money on Service Center.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones