• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moved Dalvik to SD ages ago, just put in different SD. Problems ensue...

D

Deleted User

Title says it all. So when I realise my mistake, I put the SD card that was in before back. This card has had nothing done to it, just removed. When I turned it back on my home launcher is gone and so are almost all my apps. I reboot. Same. Over time, my app drawer is getting bigger with my apps but I'm getting low space warnings. I haven't had those for ages. Is it rebuilding the Dalvik and will be ok soon or is something bollocksed?

Help please.

:thinking:

Yeah I still have my old card. I kinda know what I should have done. I'm usually pretty good with back-ups but as I wasn't planning on changing anything I didn't back up.

It's cool, I suppose I was ready for a new ROM anyway. I'm just looking for an easy option for plenty of app space, decent battery and AOSP. I don't suppose anyone wants to recommend one that'll be worth a look?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones