• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My beautifully smooth factory reset froyo install is beginning to disintegrate

hyperlite

It was all peaches and cream for me for the better part of yesterday, after performing a factory reset. This evening, with absolutely no changes to my phone, things started to go wrong. I'd say 50% of my attempts to launch applications are greeted with a force close, including the battery manager and other OS functions. Reboots do absolutely nothing. I highly doubt i'm the only one experiencing this, but who knows. This is really, really, exasperating!

EDIT: NOW i can't place calls, and *228 will not connect.

edit2: turns out the earpiece and speaker stopped working. i was making calls, i just couldn't hear them. wtf?

edit3: just performed another factory reset, and everything in the initial setup menu is very laggy and unresponsive.

FTR, my battery manager crashes often also. Great. We all anxiously persist in encouraging Motorola/VZW to rush these updates out, but it's clear that they are a little premature. Now where are my privately locked apps like Docs2go?!

I had some of those issues with Handcent and other apps I didnt even have open. I looked and the ones I noticed were having problems had an update in the market, so I ran the update and the force closing stopped. It sounds like you are having more issues than me however. Best of luck.

Hmm.... gotta be a reason for this. I have the exact same stuff as you with no problems. And you've reinstalled the apps in question?

It was all peaches and cream for me for the better part of yesterday, after performing a factory reset. This evening, with absolutely no changes to my phone, things started to go wrong. I'd say 50% of my attempts to launch applications are greeted with a force close, including the battery manager and other OS functions. Reboots do absolutely nothing. I highly doubt i'm the only one experiencing this, but who knows. This is really, really, exasperating!

EDIT: NOW i can't place calls, and *228 will not connect.

edit2: turns out the earpiece and speaker stopped working. i was making calls, i just couldn't hear them. wtf?

edit3: just performed another factory reset, and everything in the initial setup menu is very laggy and unresponsive.

I had my X on the dock for charging after the update and when I took it off the earpiece and speaker would not work. I pulled the battery and I was fine after that.

I am having TONS of bugs since the update as well! Apps randomly restart and show active in the status bar and in running services, especially the music app. Also the new rotation ability freezes a lot of the programs and phone.

There are a bunch more as well. I left my old Droid X and VZW for T-Mobile and the Vibrant. I had unlimited everything and no contract for $79.99. I missed the huge screen and some other things so I went back to VZW and the X.

I can honestly say if the don't fix this I may switch to the Fascinate or try and hold out for the Evo twin that is to be coming. If not I may jump ship before my 30 days are up :(

Thanks for the input everyone, it's much appreciated. I finished my reset last night and went to bed. Overnight, it pretty much reinstalled anything that didn't require confirmation on its own, and this morning i've been setting everything back up. I haven't the foggiest idea where to begin troubleshooting this, so i've got everything just as it was before. It's disappointing that everything was running so smoothly, and then bit the dust quick. Third install's a charm?

I'm having trouble with Battery Manager FC and I cannot get the camcorder to work. The camcorder will open but when I hit record it closes. I also seem to be having trouble with LP. I installed the update but didn't uninstall the old to replace it. Will I have to add all of my apps and widgets again if I do that. That's a real PITA is I do.

Edit: This all seems to be resolved after battery pull.

New problems have arrisen in the last few hours. The multitouch keyboard lags on keypresses almost to the point where it is unusable. Tapatalk is forceclosing after multiple reboots. Is this phone toast? Im doing one more factory reset and then taking it in.

I think i may have found the culprit. WidgetLocker. :( :( I uninstalled it just for giggles and my keyboard lag disappeared. I also noticed it was taking more RAM than any other service i had running, despite only being seen once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom