• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Hero broke, question on getting a evo on my friends 2nd line ..

Ashenor

Hi,

Long story short in a fit of rage my Hero met the wall, something i have never done before and now p*ssed i did.

That said it looks intact but does not turn on, so back to slumming it with my Instinct for now, gah what a step backwards.

I have only had the Hero since December so i can't upgrade it soon.

My friend said i could have the upgrade on his 2nd line he is adding for his brother. He is just giving him his old Instinct to use so it should be eligible for a new phone.

I asked a guy at the sprint store he said it would work, my friend would have to activate the phone on the line ($18) and have it active for a half hour or so, then he could switch his instinct back and give me the Evo which i could then add to my account ($18).

Anyone see any flaws or something to snag this up? Looks like i would end up paying $200 (best buy) +36 activation + tax 18, for $254.

Thanks

I have also thought of that...
but there is the discount statement..it had to be on the line for 60 days or something...
and then there is the $10/month charge for the EVO... which he will have to put on his line..♠

I am a little confused to how this might play out....
someone might get screwed in the end...

What I suppose you do is purchase the phone from BestBuy. Then when you get home activate the instinct on the same line. Once the instinct is activated you are free to add the EVO to the other line free and clear. This does not work if you purchase the phone at Sprint.

Just went to best buy.

They said it would not be a problem. Out of pocket would be $200 for the phone plus tax on the $300, so $218.

They would switch his 2nd line to the evo, then back to the instinct. I will owe him $18 bucks for that.

Then they will just add it to mine, again i will get billed $18 for that.

So actually sounds like a pretty good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom