• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroids from one phone to the other

Aggie12

Android Expert
Jul 19, 2010
Planet Earth
Hokay, so. About a month ago I made a backup of liberty. I had flashed it once on my phone for one reason or another and it worked fine. I then had to get a replacement phone sent to me. The other day I tried to apply that same backup and it soft bricked my phone. It wouldn't get passed my boot logo. No recovery, no nothing. I had to SBF to recover. What do you guys think could have gone wrong??

I would think from on DX to another would work, unless you had it set to overclock or undervolt and the new cpu didn't like the new settings.

I assume both had the same system version (.340).

Besides, Liberty 1.5 is out and they recommend a format/reset prior installing. ;)

Upvote 0
I would think from on DX to another would work, unless you had it set to overclock or undervolt and the new cpu didn't like the new settings.

I assume both had the same system version (.340).

Besides, Liberty 1.5 is out and they recommend a format/reset prior installing. ;)

That's what I was thinking too but I was and I still am running the same oc/uv settings. It was also just a backup of 1.0. It was more like a week ago.

Upvote 0
Just happened to me. I got a replacement X because 1 of the button lights no longer works. I made a Nandroid from my previous phone and now I'm trying to restore to this replacement X. I keep getting stuck at the boot logo or the recovery screen...

I started with Maderstock to bring system files current--> Z4 Perm Root--> CWM Install--> Restore

Did I miss a step? I keep getting stuck. If I wipe data and cache it will load but I end up with a clean Apex 1.4.1 Install, all of my data including apps are gone...

Any Ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones