• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help bad please

Ok here's the deal I wiped out everything on my phone soft bricked and then I rebooted recovery be mistake so I put my sd card in an adapter and recovered the deleted files on my sd card using recava but it spit the files into six of them I am more scared of the lost of an unsaved number in my text messages that was in my backup here are the files names boot ,cache.ext4,data.ext4,androids.md5 recovery,system.ext4 how do I put the backup back together and where do I place it on sdcard please help very important number would rather hard brick twice then loose this number thanks

._. You may be fragged. When you create the backup, the md5 is supposed to be matched up against your phones memory to avoid a bad restore when using that recovery...
If the recovery ended up segmented like that, there would be no real way to piece it back together without any of the saved data degenerating. Then again, sammyz or any of the other geniuses may be able to give a second opinion...

Wait....slow down....this number, have you ever called it before? Was it ever saved to contacts??

I remember just making a folder after i uploaded them and re downloaded from 4shared . I made a folder called clockworkmod , then inside that folder was a folder called backup then Inside was another folder with the date of the back up mine was called 1970-01-02.23.53.26 . If the recovery didnt work i just deleted md5 sums , then created a folder with the exact same name . Then it work . Verify this with someone before doing it . Im not sure if its what you want .

Was the numbet you are looking for on the stock messaging app?
You may be able to look through those files and extract the number with your computer without flashing

Back
Top Bottom