• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help on last post on e: recover cant mount...

I used the nandroid back up you Guy posted. I down load to my comp then unzipped it put on SD under backup rebooted in to recovery tryed to back up and it said no match did I do some wrong or do I have to put that recovery on here too

are there spaces in the file name? if so it will say md5 mismatch... it also could be a corupted download. it happens, just redownload and try again :D

TOO SLOW!!! :p Don't you just hate when that happens?

hehe! yea dont ya? :D JK

Upvote 0
Ok so I did not know before but when I go into recovery it says
Cwn-based recovery v5.0.2.3
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/command
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E: cant open/cache/recovery/log
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/last log
E: can't open/cache/recovery/last log
Any one know what this means????

Upvote 0
Ok so I did not know before but when I go into recovery it says
Cwn-based recovery v5.0.2.3
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/command
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E: cant open/cache/recovery/log
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/last log
E: can't open/cache/recovery/last log
Any one know what this means????

You don't need to worry about that. I get that error every time and it hasn't cause a problem.

Upvote 0
I used the nandroid back up you Guy posted. I down load to my comp then unzipped it put on SD under backup rebooted in to recovery tryed to back up and it said no match did I do some wrong or do I have to put that recovery on here too

DON'T UNZIP IT!!!!
Sorry for the caps...
Just put the .zip file without unzipping on your sdcard and then try. Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
Extract directly to the clockwork/backup folder, not to your computer. Don't put the stock recovery back on our you'll lose CWM, and your ability to restore.

(... And yes, I'm slow! Couldn't remember how to post a proper link)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones