• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with update notification on velocity 1.1

db2u

Well-Known Member
Newbie here so sorry if this is something I should already know. I flashed my ally to Velocity 1.1 and I want to disable the software update notification. I read another post that said to run the scripts, but i dont really know what i am doing there.... and the only option there that seems to work is check for updates and that says I am updated to the newest rom. How do I get this thing to stop trying to update to 2.2.2?
 
Open the Velocity Toolkit, and choose Terminal Emulator. Type in "velocity" and hit enter. It will check for script updates and see patch your build.prop to make the phone think it is on 2.2.2. After that, you won't get the update notification anymore.
 
Open the Velocity Toolkit, and choose Terminal Emulator. Type in "velocity" and hit enter. It will check for script updates and see patch your build.prop to make the phone think it is on 2.2.2. After that, you won't get the update notification anymore.

You should also fix your build.prop file so you don't run in to any issues with apps. You can go about this one of two ways:

A) Use a root file explorer (I use ES File Explorer with the root settings applied) to edit the build.prop file in /system. Find "ro.build.version.sdk=10" and change the "10" to "8," and reboot. Might be a good idea to make a backup nandroid before doing this.

B) If that sounds too challenging, use this: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/383212-apps-broken-velocity-1-1-try.html
 
ok will probably not do the apps fix until I hit problems with one.

The first time I ran the velocity script it did nothing. Tried it again after you guys responded and it updated once, rebooted.. ran it again and it updated again and rebooted. ran it a 4th time and it let me do the fun stuff and the notification fix seemed to be applied.


THANKS!!
 
You should also fix your build.prop file so you don't run in to any issues with apps. You can go about this one of two ways:

A) Use a root file explorer (I use ES File Explorer with the root settings applied) to edit the build.prop file in /system. Find "ro.build.version.sdk=10" and change the "10" to "8," and reboot. Might be a good idea to make a backup nandroid before doing this.

B) If that sounds too challenging, use this: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/383212-apps-broken-velocity-1-1-try.html


Script v39 will automagically make this change (if it is not already set)

The script not updating was due to one of the mirrors being down. Idk how long it was down but its back online now
 
I have similar symptoms. I have the upgrade notification, but velocity says I'm at script 39. . Went into recovery, nandroided, wipe cache, wipe delvic, applied j2's patch and info shows I'm at 2.2.2 now. Still have notification. Is manual my only option or is there another issue to explore?
 
I have similar symptoms. I have the upgrade notification, but velocity says I'm at script 39. . Went into recovery, nandroided, wipe cache, wipe delvic, applied j2's patch and info shows I'm at 2.2.2 now. Still have notification. Is manual my only option or is there another issue to explore?

Just to follow up incase someone else is in the same boat I was:

I opened the build.prop and was surprised to see I was at sdk=8. I thought I was going to have to reflash and start all over. But I gave one last thing a try. I installed the notification update. It finished downloading and then started the install and just quit. I'm wondering if since the download had been started, it was reporting that session hadn't finished and the upgrade was still available. Once the notification was gone, the market updated to 3.0+ and all is right with the world.
 
Back
Top Bottom