• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NETFLIX: What Are You Streaming Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in mexico last week.. and was using Netflix to kill time.
watched a few movies.. and noticed a few more i wanted to to see.
example: The Vow; I am number 4; the green hornet.

now that i am back in usa... the movies i watched are not there.. and can not find the movies i wanted to start.

so.. it seems that there are different access via different regions/countries.
i did not know that till now.

so.. i was wondering out loud....
is there a way to fake your location??? :P

If you're using the Xbox/Play station app, you can configure your DNS via the consoles to point to a Mexican IP.

Alternatively, I use the Hola chrome plugin to fake a US connection because aside from the BBC Documentaries (which I can get via iPlayer anyway), the UK Netflix is gank.

Hola doesn't work if you're casting though, unless you cast your desktop/ mirror the screen on your phone/tab.

If you're using the Xbox/Play station app, you can configure your DNS via the consoles to point to a Mexican IP.

Alternatively, I use the Hola chrome plugin to fake a US connection because aside from the BBC Documentaries (which I can get via iPlayer anyway), the UK Netflix is gank.

Hola doesn't work if you're casting though, unless you cast your desktop/ mirror the screen on your phone/tab.
I've picked up on a fair number of British expressions from watching British TV. I've never heard "gank" before, though. How is that word normally used?

I've picked up on a fair number of British expressions from watching British TV. I've never heard "gank" before, though. How is that word normally used?

I don't think the term is overly common outside of certain areas in Scotland, I first heard it from a Glaswegian boy at work.

It's generally used to describe something of poor quality.

The only other time I've ever heard it used is by Dean in Supernatural and I think he used it to describe a method of killing a demon or vampire or something.

UK Netflix is kinda disappointing, I have to say. We switched to it from LoveFilm, thinking the selection would be way better, but it's not.

At least, it's a different small set of shows and movies :rolleyes:

We're currently catching up on Breaking Bad and Dexter. We also started watching House of Cards but I failed to notice that the missus fell asleep so I'm now waiting for her to watch the first episode :rolleyes:

I don't think the term is overly common outside of certain areas in Scotland, I first heard it from a Glaswegian boy at work.

It's generally used to describe something of poor quality.

The only other time I've ever heard it used is by Dean in Supernatural and I think he used it to describe a method of killing a demon or vampire or something.
I've never heard it used it normal conversation. Among gamers playing competitive multiplayer (especially team based), when you do most of the work but someone else gets gets credit for the kill, they "ganked" your kill. Using it as a synonym for "crap," is new :D

looking for something to watch on Netflix..... ive completed Durham County!

durham%20county.jpg

Watched it, enjoyed it. Always like Mickey Rourke.

Watched The Prophecy last night, it was good. I was looking for Dogma (why isn't that available? I wanted to watch it!!) and found that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom