• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New ICS version released

This leaked version is horrible, Not only is it a trimmed down version of ICS, Its full of bugs. I've barely had it on my s2 for 24 hours and I'm reverting back to 2.6.

Although I do like the look and feel of this ICS release theres just too many problems with it just now.

Bugs aside, I was under the impression though that this trimmed 'look' will be in the final released version....unless I'm mistaken? I thought all the update is gonna be is this 'trimmed down' (aka ICS barely noticeable) version as touchwiz will still dominate the UI. Unlike for instance the galaxy nexus UI.

Hoping to god someone is going to contradict me? Otherwise might get the new lumia ( if announced at CES). Touchwiz is pissing me off no end.

Upvote 0
Bugs aside, I was under the impression though that this trimmed 'look' will be in the final released version....unless I'm mistaken? I thought all the update is gonna be is this 'trimmed down' (aka ICS barely noticeable) version as touchwiz will still dominate the UI. Unlike for instance the galaxy nexus UI.

Hoping to god someone is going to contradict me? Otherwise might get the new lumia ( if announced at CES). Touchwiz is pissing me off no end.

Yeah I' think its pretty much the final release, I'm constantly getting forced error's and the home screen dissapear's forcing a restart. I know by all means its not finished but there wasn't enough new features to justify the wait for me personally.

Quite possibly I was expecting too much from My s2.

Reactions: paddylaz
Upvote 0

The menus should be the same as ICS. The main difference will be the launcher, which you can change. Here's a post I made elsewhere that shows off what can be done with the proper launcher.

How-To: Get that ICS look on your phone (Android 2.2+ required, no root needed, FREE) - Android - abi>>forums

Since it's on GB, the task manager isn't that cool ICS overlay, but it will be in the 4.0 update we get. Bascially, with a little effort and some free apps, you can get the full ICS look on your device. I haven't done the contacts/dialer yet, but that's coming.

Upvote 0
Another update posted on SAMMOBILE today. XXLP1...

They are coming fast and furious now....

Chainfire has already released a CF root for it, now that quick!!

Changes from KPA:

List of Changes:
-Interface: Nothing changed that much in case of XXKPA.
-Battery: Battery feels better.
-Faster: Phones looks faster.
-Touch: Touch response is better.
-Overall: Firmware more stable but still with some bugs.
-Facelock: Working.
-Taskmanager is back.

Upvote 0
Another update posted on SAMMOBILE today. XXLP1...

They are coming fast and furious now....

Chainfire has already released a CF root for it, now that quick!!

Changes from KPA:

List of Changes:
-Interface: Nothing changed that much in case of XXKPA.
-Battery: Battery feels better.
-Faster: Phones looks faster.
-Touch: Touch response is better.
-Overall: Firmware more stable but still with some bugs.
-Facelock: Working.
-Taskmanager is back.

Can you provide a direct link please? And is this a UK firmware?

Upvote 0
why cant samsung have versions with and without touchwiz so user can make choice, i love the look of ics on nexus prime, whould spoil s2 version with touchwiz on it

thanks

You can get the ICS look for free. Simply download Go Launcher EX and the corresponding ICS theme. There's an ICS theme for the widgets too.

what about the nexus prime ?

Galaxy Nexus? It's a Google-branded Nexus device, and those always have stock Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones