• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new ota = new phone

irony

Apr 2, 2011
I've had my thunderbolt since launch day. It's been decent , not great , not my dream phone and certainly not the phone after..

With that said , this new update appears to be a homerun. I downloaded the its this morning. My phone has worked perfectly since. Let's hope it stays this way. I was thinking about upgrading to a nexus prime , but if my thunderbolt will behave and work the way it should I can pass and wait for the next round of new phones.

Thank you HTC.

I love this update. So much smoother and responsive.

I love the new power feature that switches off LTE and auto sync (for when you really need to conserve).

Took me a bit to figure out why it made funny sounds, but I found it to be the weather/clock widget. While the sounds are nice, they are not in sync haha!

Either way, this phone just got a lot better!

-Sev

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
I love this update. So much smoother and responsive.
I love the new power feature that switches off LTE and auto sync (for when you really need to conserve).

Took me a bit to figure out why it made funny sounds, but I found it to be the weather/clock widget. While the sounds are nice, they are not in sync haha!
Either way, this phone just got a lot better!

-Sev

Where is the power feature located?

And I love little revving noise it makes when you unlock the phone... Hell I am starting to actually like my Thunderbolt now :D

Upvote 0

And I love little revving noise it makes when you unlock the phone... Hell I am starting to actually like my Thunderbolt now :D

haha... I just checked out the weather widget and I now see what SEV was talking about; the unlock noise corresponds with the type of weather (not a revving noise, like I thought lol)

And while it is out of sync, it is cool none the less... GREAT JOB HTC :cool:

Upvote 0

Under settings, click on "power." The first option is "enable power efficiency." When you click on it, you get a pop-up that says "If you enable power efficency, it will adjust screen brightness, turn of LTE data and auto-sync. Please use the manual refresh control in applications to update your data."

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones