• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 at Best Buy?

shawn487

Android Enthusiast
So I know it doesn't list it as available on the Best Buy website and it is available in Future Shops/Best Buy Canada but I just came across this article today.

How to Buy a Google Nexus 7 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
Best Buy: You can't order a Nexus 7 online from Best Buy, at least as we're writing this, but various reports indicate it's in stock at certain retail outlets across the country. That's frustrating, since if it was listed online you could do a stock check from the Web browser.

Anyone on here work for Best Buy or have any inside information on when/if it might be available at Best Buy? I have a lot of Rewardzone certificates to use up and this would be a great way.

So I know it doesn't list it as available on the Best Buy website and it is available in Future Shops/Best Buy Canada but I just came across this article today.

How to Buy a Google Nexus 7 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Anyone on here work for Best Buy or have any inside information on when/if it might be available at Best Buy? I have a lot of Rewardzone certificates to use up and this would be a great way.

Maybe you could call best buy ;)

And listen to Muzak for 20 minutes and be bounced between three or four clueless employees first? :banghead: I can't blame OP for checking here first.

And listen to Muzak for 20 minutes and be bounced between three or four clueless employees first? :banghead: I can't blame OP for checking here first.

I just called and they told me they don't have a date. But they put me on hold with no muzak :(

Yes I went to my local Best Buy the other day and found one person in mobile who knew what I was talking about but had no info other than he heard it was sweet (duh). Everyone in the computer area of Best Buy didn't know anything.

I used to work at Best Buy and the handful of people I know that still work there told me why don't you just buy an Ipad.... I guess there is a reason why they still work at Best Buy and haven't moved on.

Ha gotta love Best Buy employees vast knowledge of new tech toys. I was picking up a new TV yesterday for my college apartment in store and while I was at the front counter almost every time the phone rang the lady was like "Nexus 7? No we don't know when we get those". Good to hear that there's a lot of demand for the tablet! Also I'm sure N7 commercials during the olympics help :D

Ha gotta love Best Buy employees vast knowledge of new tech toys. I was picking up a new TV yesterday for my college apartment in store and while I was at the front counter almost every time the phone rang the lady was like "Nexus 7? No we don't know when we get those". Good to hear that there's a lot of demand for the tablet! Also I'm sure N7 commercials during the olympics help :D

I went in and asked a "Geek Squad" employee if he had any USB-OTG cables or adapters in stock, he checked the computer and said yeah, we have those. I thought awesome I do not have to buy one online!...We went over the usb cable section and he handed me a micro usb charging/data cable. I figured easy mistake, so I told him its a male micro usb on one end and a female full sized usb connector on the other end. When I tell you he had a look on his face like he just found the holy grail...it was was worse than that. Then he began to tell me that they do not exist since he has never seen one...I pulled out my GS3 and showed him Amazon; he was upset and told me to order it online then.

The sad part is i used to work for Best Buy in computer sales going back about 8 years ago, and we were proud of our cutting edge knowledge, now its just crap.

My guess is that they have a lot of other tablets at that price point, and their margins are probably higher on them. Getting the Nexus 7 would mean that all the other tablets will just sit there and collect dust, and make them nothing.

Just my guess.

I was lucky enough when I walked in to find a guy right away who knew what I was talking about. He was very disappointed that they didn't have the Nexus 7 and was under the impression that they were not going to be stocking it. I don't know why. :(

I went to Best Buy in Chino Hills, CA; and their staff told me that their management told them that Best Buy would not be selling the Nexus 7 because it does not have basic tablet functionality they require to sell a product (???). This was quite confusing because they sell almost every other tablet; and I wonder what could be missing that would result in such a dramatic statement. Maybe the functionality is that the tablet does not have "Nook", "Kindle", or "Samsung" written on its cover. I, too, have been holding on to Best Buy gift cards and now have to see if some other vendor might honor these gift cards so I can get the Nexus 7.

I, too, have been holding on to Best Buy gift cards and now have to see if some other vendor might honor these gift cards so I can get the Nexus 7.

Sorry, but nobody is going to honor a gift card. The money to pay for it was paid to BB. It is completely worthless to any other store.

I've got a $200 best buy gift card waiting in my pocket for them to get it in stock

They do have quite a few 7" tablets so maybe you can use the gift card to buy one and then return it after a few days for a full cash refund?
Then you can use the money to buy the N7 from Staples.

They do have quite a few 7" tablets so maybe you can use the gift card to buy one and then return it after a few days for a full cash refund?

If you do that you are getting store credit back. Everyone in retail knows that old trick, also have fun getting your ID flagged. Every retailer share info on customers who buy on gift cards and try to return for cash.

As a former Best Buy employee... the receipt lists payment type and the computer automatically picks a store credit or gift card. You won't be getting cash back. This is common practice with almost any retailer...

You could buy amazon gift cards at BB then buy the nexus 7 from amazon. It sucks that BB doesnt carry the most popular selling tablet right now.

You could buy amazon gift cards at BB then buy the nexus 7 from amazon. It sucks that BB doesnt carry the most popular selling tablet right now.

Why would you over pay for the Nexus 7, it's marked up by quite a bit from Amazon as to subtlety influence people to look at the Kindle Fire and also because it makes no sense for them to advertise/sell such a directly competing product to potential customers. It would be better to go with the gift card trading website.

Yeah I knew about the gift card buyout services.

I'm in no rush. I'll wait it out. If they don't end up getting it its not like I can't find anything else to spend $200 on there :p

I work at best buy. The reason we don't carry the Nexus 7 is because we are in negotiation with google at the moment. They are trying to overprice the item. No one working there will know a date because corporate handles all of that therefor we don't have a clue.

I work at best buy. The reason we don't carry the Nexus 7 is because we are in negotiation with google at the moment. They are trying to overprice the item. No one working there will know a date because corporate handles all of that therefor we don't have a clue.

I already went ahead and sold my giftcard and bought it through another retailer.

Back
Top Bottom