• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nokia 920

That's a Windows Phone device isn't it?

ATT....first thing I can think of do they allow tethering on your data plan? Like you may have to pay an extre fee for it. Android devices you can sometimes install an app that will do tethering, root maybe required, or you can turn it on with rooted devices. Win Phone, not a clue.

Upvote 0
That's a Windows Phone device isn't it?

ATT....first thing I can think of do they allow tethering on your data plan? Like you may have to pay an extre fee for it. Android devices you can sometimes install an app that will do tethering, root maybe required, or you can turn it on with rooted devices. Win Phone, not a clue.

im using it on tmobile. tethering service is paid for with my plan, and win o.s supports native tether. says no data connection available.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Maybe you'd get better answers if you asked in a Windows Phone users forum?

perhaps. lots of smart peeps here though. i usually check here first to see if anyone has any idea before i go gallivanting about the internet looking for solutions that may or may not be a viable option to a problem with a device.

can mark question as answered - i figured it out.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
i did peruse the windows sites, as well as any relevant google searches that i could find. i always do my due diligence . What i got to work finally for the att unlocked 920 running on tmobile, was to get into the data settings via dialer codes and forcing the phone into 3g only mode. network sharing worked at this point. rebooted. deleted the apn settings picked up from the sim card, then went back into dialer and used dialer code to reset the signal to 4g only, then re input the apn for tmobile. rebooted. went back into the dialer data menu and set connection to automatic. rebooted.

its been working ever since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones