• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (noob) need help updating phone

hello everybody, as my title states, im a noob to this forum(very good one btw) and i am in need of help with this phone. im trying to update to 2.3.6 with no luck. im rooted, have cwm, back up made and still stuck on 2.3.4 for now. i have some experience with flashin roms using cwm, but not odin. ive got the ops file for my phone but i dont think i have a proper tar md5 for it. everytime i use the program it doesnt seem to acknowledge that i have the file..... maybe i have the wrong one or something idk... can anybody help me locate the proper files and a lil instructions on how to odin to 2.3.6. cuz this touch screen problem is gettin on my nerves. any help would b greatly appreciated and ill contribute in watever i can.... i forgot to mention my ultra is a sprint phone. ive followed many links and still confused.

well i guess nobody else has anything to put in. sorry im not a senior member on this forum if thats the problem, i know people just sign up get on ask a ? get off and never return. im not like that. i actually need the help and wanna help in any way i can. thank u chevanlol 360 for the link. im glad somebody tried to help...... after reading for idk, a couple days on the net, i decided that updating this phone isnt even worth it.....am now gonna sell it for a different better phone. for all devs and testers, LOVE CM7 hope u can get it goin. u guys rock

Upvote 0
Did you try anything from the Odin thread? More people with this phone have Boost instead of Sprint so that's why it's harder to find information regarding Sprint phones.

This thread should contain everything you need for using Odin:
http://androidforums.com/transform-...ing-return-stock-samsung-transform-ultra.html

Sorry you haven't got much help, but some of us do have lives outside of the forum. 6 hours from your original post to your last reply isn't very long for you to give up on receiving any help. I assure you it has nothing to do with not being a Senior Member. :(

edit: you may also want to check this thread: http://androidforums.com/transform-...cwm-flashable-stock-2-3-6-un-root-un-cwm.html

Reactions: twistedgeminid
Upvote 0
thank u for the links. i have tried the 2nd link which sent me to a dropbox dl of the sprintstock rom but i got a md5 mismatch error. as far as this odin thing(which im new to) i tried finding the proper EG30 tar md5 file but the links to ones i tried were all dead. so i believe that is my other problem, do u know of any good active links to the proper tar md5 for this phone? had a rough morning, i can b a lil impatient when agitated as most people

Upvote 0
I know the feeling. Sorry I don't know of any other links to other Sprint stuff aside from those 2 threads. Maybe someone else will chime in with some help.

edit: I was able to download everything from the odin thread and Loota's thread just fine. I didn't check md5's though. Make sure you're downloading them on a PC and not with your phone.

Upvote 0
i did use my computer to dl the files. im just accepting this fact, im a noob at this thing with this phone and dont know what im doing and that the tu is difficult phone...... on the other hand my wife has the same phone, rooted without CWM but it did not finish the update, it started for a min then stopped and reboot into the os.... any idea wat that was about??? ive read alot on here from u guys, if there is a way for me to contribute, let me know wat i can do

Upvote 0
i can help you out with the cwm trouble you had with your wifes phone.

its getting the error and rebooting because you don't have enough free space on the sdcard. Average cwm backup is over 1gb. 1.5gb on my phone, but I have an oversized sd crammed full of mp3s and vids.

Got to delete some stuff.

Is a pretty good phone overall, hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy it.

Reactions: twistedgeminid
Upvote 0
i can help you out with the cwm trouble you had with your wifes phone.

its getting the error and rebooting because you don't have enough free space on the sdcard. Average cwm backup is over 1gb. 1.5gb on my phone, but I have an oversized sd crammed full of mp3s and vids.

Got to delete some stuff.

Is a pretty good phone overall, hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy it.
ok, thank u for that info. i didnt even think of that. im sure she will b please cuz she complains about her bejeweled game not respondin to her touch. will post results

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones