• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Sound on Incredible

I think I understand now... hmmm... I am pretty sure you could do this with an app called "tasker," but that might be overkill. Maybe you could select different notification sounds in your e-mail and SMS apps. Make the e-mail sound something really quiet, but have something more audible for SMS pages. I have three different e-mail accounts I track -- each of those has a different incoming mail sound -- and my SMS, using Handcent, also has a different notification sound. That doesn't help with different times of the day, though...would just give you quiet or silent e-mail notifications.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Normally at night I silence my dinc but wen I'm on call for my job I use a app called Setting Profiles Lite - App Brian which I have set to turn off all my notification and set my ring tone to a lower volume. I get my call notices via phone calls. Also this app lets you set many setting like screen brightness and call volume, which is great in the middle of the night. The Lite version is free and does everything I need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones