• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be willing to provide instructions on how to update to this version of 2.1 on a mac? I have only seen PC instructions, and I just want to make sure it is the same thing and what not (because my computer automatically unzips files when I download them).
OS X unzips the files as soon as they are downloaded, but places the original zip file in the recycle bin, get it out of the recycle bin and place it in the memory card (assuming you know how to do that)

Upvote 0
OS X unzips the files as soon as they are downloaded, but places the original zip file in the recycle bin, get it out of the recycle bin and place it in the memory card (assuming you know how to do that)

Thanks Snake and Blink! When I downloaded it, it tried to unzip it, but then said that it couldn't unzip this file...guess I got lucky haha. So now I just go through with the instructions in Matlock's tutorial on how to upgrade to 2.1? Same thing as the previous leak?

Upvote 0
Yeah done the *228 deal a few times and no change. Im right in town right now where I used to get 4 bars and get 2-3 tops. If this new leak fixed this id be a very happy boy.

Haven't done this leak yet (still on 1.5, but am going to do this tonight I think), so all I can say is the users who already have this mentioned improved signal strength.

Upvote 0
Doing the update right now. Going smooth so far. Excited to see what 2.1 has to offer!

Edit: Just got done updating. That didn't take long at all! Very easy and smooth. Rebooting at the moment. New boot screens! Taking a long time to start up after the update, but I read that that is normal after just updating.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones