• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the only problem I see is not all my contacts pictures are being synced with Facebook....their profiles are, but some of the pictures aren't syncing up.
Try rebooting and/or going into settings and manually syncing your contacts again.

Try rebooting or going into settings and/or manually syncing your contacts again.

Thanks for the tip. I'm bout to head to bed so I'll reboot my phone in the morning and see if it works.

Once again, just want to say....this is AWESOME!

hey all. glad to hear a new version is out. quick ques, what is the *228 function?

...and just an interesting thought, for all that everyone was begging for pics, funny no one has posted any...

hey all. glad to hear a new version is out. quick ques, what is the *228 function?

...and just an interesting thought, for all that everyone was begging for pics, funny no one has posted any...

*228 updates towers. Do *22899 to auto select everything.

LOL, I would, but i'm too lazy, and trying to study (not going well lol).

Hey all, I'm a n00b here (been lurkin' for quite a while), and this actually has me pretty excited. If I flash to 2.1, will I still be able to get the official 2.1 when(ever) it is released OTA? Or online or something?

And how hard is it to mess up upgrading haha?

Well I've decided to flash this version to my phone, thanks OP for the newest build! Appreciate it man.

when the official ota comes out we will be able to get the official ota over this leaked verison....Right ????? Thanks

Pretty sure this IS the official OTA. Or at least close to it. Its leaps and bounds ahead of the last leak we all got. I'm so happy with my Eris all over again.

I know a lot of my apps showed up as "purchased" after I installed the leak and they had been wiped off. I was able to download those paid apps again for free not sure if they all work like that but everyone ive encountered so far has been like that.

Thinking about making the plunge. I have MLB app on my phone that is paid for, how to I keep it? Does it get lost if I upgrade?

Also anything else cool that the new 2.1 does?

it would get lost, but there are backup programs to do that for you..
and new features is google navigation.. thats one of the bigger ones. and the homescreen "leap" is a new one also.

I dont know about that ksigh im not sure he would lose it only way I think he wouldnt be able to download it again is if he has 1.5 and its not in the 2.1 market or verizon hasnt given the rights to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom