• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grdlock....

If this is installed will it (over old leak) ruin my chances of root?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if this build resolves the issue of low-res facebook images when linked to contacts in the people app? And does that stupid Amazon MP3 application keep getting auto-launched in the background?

Also, does installing this on top of the previous leak blow everything away, apps, messages, configuration, etc?

I would like to know as well. I'm installing as we speak so I will let you know. I get low resolution pics synced from Facebook when I make a call as well. This is the reason I'm trying this out.

Grdlock....

If this is installed will it (over old leak) ruin my chances of root?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Nah. There isn't much to say about your chances of root with the current 2.1 leak, updating to this won't change anything. Now that it's out devs will be looking at rooting this update rather than the leak now anyways.

I would like to know as well. I'm installing as we speak so I will let you know. I get low resolution pics synced from Facebook when I make a call as well. This is the reason I'm trying this out.

Awesome, thanks. If it does resolve it, I will install it. Otherwise, I'll likely just wait for the OTA, as I don't want to have to reconfigure this thing yet again.

Nah. There isn't much to say about your chances of root with the current 2.1 leak, updating to this won't change anything. Now that it's out devs will be looking at rooting this update rather than the leak now anyways.

cool thanks

mhotovec... i installed appbrain and synced but im not sure how to get all my apps back once i do the 2.1 leak since appbrain will be deleted... thanks for any help you can give !!!

mhotovec... i installed appbrain and synced but im not sure how to get all my apps back once i do the 2.1 leak since appbrain will be deleted... thanks for any help you can give !!!

Once you finish installing the leak, go to the market and reinstall appbrain. Then resync and it will connect you to all the apps available in the market.

when your phone gets booted back up, just re-install appbrain and then the backup will be stored on your SD card and when you download the app again, just restore them. I just did mine like that with Astro

Anyone else having WIFI issues? I tried on a fresh install, and it hangs trying to find an ip addy. Did a factory reset, and still not working.

Quick question..

Some of you are reporting less lag with the dialer now and it is better making calls with the new leaked version.

I have been using Dialer One for my calls , would this be necessary now or is the stock just fine now? One less app to reinstall is always better for me.

Anyone who can say for sure that the default dialer is a lot better and there is no need for a second app for dialing would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

I'm having an issue with the HTC FB application. I can't "Like" any posts. I get "200/Feed story publishing is disabled for this application"

Anybody else seeing this?

One more quick ?....i have oi safe and information saved in it....once i do the 2.1, and i reinstall oi safe will all the info be gone...do i need to write all the info down and then put all the info back in....THANKS

I've tried downloading the file twice, and it was 32.51 kb both times. Now, I know the file should be bigger than that. Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have a solution?

It's starting too look like a new "bugs and fixes" thread might be in order, for this newer leaked version of 2.1.

Could someone with the new leak please check the market and see if "At Bat '10" is available. This app is a deal breaker for me and one of the major reasons I am still running 1.5.

Thetomlin, have you tried ES File Explorer, or AndroZip, and used the App Manager in either of those, to try to Back Up the program?

You might be able to back it up to SD card, then reload it later.

Anyone else having WIFI issues? I tried on a fresh install, and it hangs trying to find an ip addy. Did a factory reset, and still not working.

I have never been able to connect at home for some reason, but I just connected at the office and it is working fine.

One more quick ?....i have oi safe and information saved in it....once i do the 2.1, and i reinstall oi safe will all the info be gone...do i need to write all the info down and then put all the info back in....THANKS

You can do a backup of OI Safe and it will create a CSV file on your SD card. Once you have it installed again you can import the data and everything will be back.

I've tried downloading the file twice, and it was 32.51 kb both times. Now, I know the file should be bigger than that. Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have a solution?

Are you trying to use Firefox with Downthemall? I have that problem with any megaupload file. You can't go through a downloader, you have to use the native IE or firefox downloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom