• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
when your phone gets booted back up, just re-install appbrain and then the backup will be stored on your SD card and when you download the app again, just restore them. I just did mine like that with Astro

with appbrain, are all paid apps still available and registered as purchased?

Not really. Most if not all the bugs are the ones we had on the old leak. I haven't run into any new bugs on this.

Cool (although there are a few postings indicating bugs with this one).

I'm also wondering about old leak bugs no longer there in this leak. I did see your post about a few changes.

Are you trying to use Firefox with Downthemall? I have that problem with any megaupload file. You can't go through a downloader, you have to use the native IE or firefox downloader.

I'm using the default eris browser to download the file (old 2.1 leak).

Really want this file... anyone want to email it to me and save me this headache?

wow, i updated, it wiped my phone as i figured it would.

botted up and logged into google acct

went to market and my downloads

and all my apps are there waiting to be installed

anyone else have this?

got everything loaded up and all my settings configured and it seems pretty snappy, will report back on phone lag lata on. Really cant get a good battery reading for those with standard batteries because I have the extended but im pretty sure someone will post it up.

My excitement for this has died down a bit. After reading the posts, it seems that the phone might be a bit snappier, and no gmail login error. Other than that, no pics in gmail still, some are still having the 50% without signal error, apps can't access internet based content such as the Bank of America app, or Urban Spoon.....so yeah, kinda bummed if this is going to be the official OTA.

Has anyone noticed if the browser is still randomly crashing?

I'm very grateful to the OP for posting this and for all the input from those who have been testing it out.

anyone else have this?

This makes sense to me. You went from 2.1 to 2.1. I can see where the Market would behave differently than it did when you went from 1.5 to 21.

Anyone still having issues with not being able to hear or be heard on phone calls every once in a while? That was the deal breaker for me in the last leak.

The Gmail app from Google is broken. Neither HTC nor Verizon can fix this. When Google fixes it, EVERYONE running Android 2.0 or 2.1 will see the fix, not just Eris users.

I know that already. Thanks for clearing it up though, because I'm sure a lot of people didn't. I was just saying it's one of the things that killed my excitement for the new leak...not like it's the fault of it. Sucks that the gmail app worked great on 1.5. I actually starred the complaint thread on google about this...it's just so strange that they aren't doing anything about it considering these phones are their babies.

I know that already. Thanks for clearing it up though, because I'm sure a lot of people didn't. I was just saying it's one of the things that killed my excitement for the new leak...not like it's the fault of it. Sucks that the gmail app worked great on 1.5. I actually starred the complaint thread on google about this...it's just so strange that they aren't doing anything about it considering these phones are their babies.

It would appear that their business model is to flood the market with Android phones first, then fix issues second.

Perfect install. LOVE it. Google navigation is great.

Glad I updated!

Also LOVE that you can stop the vibration on the 4 bottom soft keys!

anyone else have this?

Okay..besides being a non-registered lurker for awhile... I had to finally jump in.. I pulled the root version Rom yesterday from another site. Bit the bullet and installed it knowing that it was going to wipe my apps (didn't know about AppBrain) and was very shocked when I learned that like 6 of paid apps are not showing up in Marketplace. That's when I discovered CaddyMan's post.

I went to the download screen and SOME of my paid apps are there waiting to be installed. Quite a few of the free apps were missing from that download list as well. (I think this has to do with a "key" issue that I've been hearing about on another site)

I do have to give it up for this 2.1 rom - it is simply amazing how fast my apps & games start and exit. Memory handling seems much better and efficient as well as the battery.

My contacts that were linked with Facebook didn't have their avatar pics until I logged into FB for the first time.

More updates as I find them....

anyone else have this?

I have installed the leak two times before and both times this was the case. never had to worry about backing up apps. it is nice that they just sit there waiting to be redownloaded. convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom