• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering if the SS will come with remote wipe and password implementation for Exchange. I can't currently use any Android phone because our IT folks require both of those ActiveSync protocols for any phone used with our company Exchange server.

This is a well known limitation of Android (see an extensive thread at Google: Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code )

I hope the issue get's resolved so I can use an Android phone.

This is important to me too... it was such a let down when I got the Pre and Exchange Active Sync was not supported properly :eek: I hope I don't have to relive that again.

Upvote 0
I purposely had my Wisdom teeth extracted this Tuesday and took the rest of the week off as sick leave so I could rest and read every post. (Not really just happened to turn out that way) Anyway, I just wanted to show my appreciation to this forum and hope that my two cents might be worth something.
Well if the news doesn't come soon about anything EVo, your teeth won't be the only thing you will be pulling out. Your hair. :D

my take on the timeline, this way i won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
04/16/2010 - FCC uncovers the EVO documents
04/23/2010 - April Marketing blitz
04/30/2010 - Best Buy pre-orders
05/07/2010 - Sprint pre-orders
05/09/2010 - Radio Shack pre-sales
05/22/2010 - Best buy actual sales
05/23/2010 - Radio Shack Actual sales
06/06/2010 - Sprint Actual Sales
09/01/2010 - Froyo update

Give or take a few dozen days. :D

TS out (making more stuff up)

Upvote 0
Well if the news doesn't come soon about anything EVo, your teeth won't be the only thing you will be pulling out. Your hair. :D

my take on the timeline, this way i won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
04/16/2010 - FCC uncovers the EVO documents
04/23/2010 - April Marketing blitz
04/30/2010 - Best Buy pre-orders
05/07/2010 - Sprint pre-orders
05/09/2010 - Radio Shack pre-sales
05/22/2010 - Best buy actual sales
05/23/2010 - Radio Shack Actual sales
06/06/2010 - Sprint Actual Sales
09/01/2010 - Froyo update

Give or take a few dozen days. :D

TS out (making more stuff up)

I believe you forgot one date:
04/19/2010 ALL Android Forums members receive free EVO's from Sprint :D

Upvote 0
Me too. It's a wonder anyone will pay $300 up front, and then wait 6 - 8 weeks for the $100 rebate for the Incredible.

I'd say it's worth it. Remember when the Instinct came out and Sprint wanted $200 (after rebates)? And they wanted $350 for the Touch Pro? The Incredible, though it's not the EVO, is a great piece of technology. It's got all the features the other phones on the market have, and a WiFi-N radio on top of that. If I didn't know the EVO was coming, I would consider leaving Sprint after all these years.

The problem is all those who don't know about the EVO yet looking for their next phone and seeing all this information popping up about the Droid and Incredible. They don't know something even better is just on the horizon. Sprint needs to start this full force ad campaign soon (tomorrow, hopefully) or they're going to lose a lot of current and potential customers who aren't aware.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones