• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I'm third in line at the store (was first, wtf happened?)

Sprint people probably. Best Buy did that to me. I was first pre-order, and I was 3rd on the list. The guy straight up told me (he's a friend though) that two BB people put their names in the front. Kinda lame, methinks.

When Best Buy said they would open at seven, I said i will be there at seven. I don't want any problems getting my phone.

I was wondering about this. How are they going to do walk-ins vs appointments? I have an appointment when the store opens, but I can see walk-ins pushing me out of the way to get to the counter, or giving me the dirty look when I cut the line for my apt...

Any BB people want to let me know? Will there be an appointment counter and a walk-in counter?

So just curious why did everyone order through bestbuy? Just becasue of the BT piece?

They both are better than going through Sprint cause of the waived mail in rebate, but I can't stand Radio Shack so I went with Best Buy instead.

So just curious why did everyone order through bestbuy? Just becasue of the BT piece?

No one knew about the Bluetooth when they preordered it. I Pre-ordered it though because I didn't want to have to do the mail in rebate and sprint and Best Buy's preordering started before Radio Shack's.

Ah, so happy. Just got done with webchat and confirmed both the 24-month $10 reoccurring credit and a 25% corporate discount on my plan. A bit of a consolation for having to give up my $30/mo SERO plan.

Can't wait to pick up my Evo tomorrow!
:D

I ordered through BB to avoid the delay in receiving the rebate (MIR). Plus I know that BB was announced to be a Sprint retailer partner and they have a good history of having products, offering preorders and appointments.

I was first to preorder at my BB and they called me last week to offer me an appt. I took the first one that is at 8am. They are opening 2 hours early just for the preorders. I asked them how many preorders they had and the lady said a few, but they only made appts for the 8-10 timeframe. I don't know but I suppose the other preorders will get priority when it turns 10am.

I stopped by 2 Sprint stores on the way home to see if they had an EVO for display or any accessories. Neither had anything out, but one of them said they have 5 EVOs which will be sold only to NEW customers. She admitted that some people upgrading will be majorly disappointed. The other Sprint store said they would be handling on a first-come, first-served basis. Both will open at 8am.

12 hours from now I will be walking out of Best Buy with my new Evo in hand. I think I will probably head by Sprint to show the guys waiting in line my new phone.:p Of course i'll inquire when they open -8am- because I want to get the discount on accessories.:cool:

They both are better than going through Sprint cause of the waived mail in rebate, but I can't stand Radio Shack so I went with Best Buy instead.

And I cant stand Best Buy, when you need help you cant find any, when you dont need help they are all over you. I hate big box stores. When I go to Radio Shack every single time I walk in they greet me and ask me if I need help. I like consistency. Plus Bestbuy dont sell resistors,capacitors, and other misc. components. Radio Shack rules.

Being made in China probably does not help. JK

evoissue.jpg

Sorry for the back 2 back post.

And I cant stand Best Buy, when you need help you cant find any, when you dont need help they are all over you. I hate big box stores. When I go to Radio Shack every single time I walk in they greet me and ask me if I need help. I like consistency. Plus Bestbuy dont sell resistors,capacitors, and other misc. components. Radio Shack rules.

I hate Radio Shack cause every time I walk in there to get something trivial like a pack of batteries, someone tries to sell me a satellite dish. One thing I don't like is high pressure sales and associates whose favorite pastime is upselling. Just let me buy what I need and leave me the hell alone.

I really have been unimpressed with my local Sprint stores enthusiasm over the evo. It has felt non existent. It has felt similar to apple store employees before a product was released. Them I understand however, because most are kept in the dark.

FYI: I got a call from Sprint yesterday offering me a $40 bribe to give up my spot on the "reserved" list at the Sprint store. They said they'd ship it next week instead.

My guess is that they are realizing there aren't going to be any units available for walk-in customers tomorrow, and are getting worried.

I would've countered with, "well, if you offer me $199 AND guarantee to get the phone by next week, then I might actually consider it!"...LOL. I negotiate for a living, so I never "pass off" an opportunity to do so, especially if Sprint is desparate to have people give up their pre-orders.

I hate Radio Shack cause every time I walk in there to get something trivial like a pack of batteries, someone tries to sell me a satellite dish. One thing I don't like is high pressure sales and associates whose favorite pastime is upselling. Just let me buy what I need and leave me the hell alone.

I used to work there, thus my bias. But we got paid minimum wage. With those extra accessory's or cellphone/dish sales. We might be able to feed our families. :(

Ah, so happy. Just got done with webchat and confirmed both the 24-month $10 reoccurring credit and a 25% corporate discount on my plan. A bit of a consolation for having to give up my $30/mo SERO plan.

Can't wait to pick up my Evo tomorrow!
:D

Why/how did you get the "24-month $10 reoccurring credit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom