• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Official Froyo 2.2 Installation/Error Thread

You may be on to something Gezzuzz.. I have a custom rom and was thinking that was the problem.. I will go back to stock and give it a shot.. Thanks for posting that.

I tried a different recovery and now the error says "No Signature (624 files)" then "verification Failed" If that helps anyone to diagnose my problem.

Probably a smart idea. For all we know sprint could come out and say anyone that messed around with the bootloader and flashed the rom voided the warranty. I doubt it but better play it safe.

LMAO, thank you this is the funniest thing I have read in awhile. Way to try and spread fear to people. They are not going to void anyone's warranty for using this leaked ROM.

HTC should NOT have released any version for manual install, or otherwise, UNLESS it was going to be the final version! JMO.

LMAO, thank you this is the funniest thing I have read in awhile. Way to try and spread fear to people. They are not going to void anyone's warranty for using this leaked ROM.

Not trying to spread fear. Its within sprint and htc's right to deny someones warranty claim if they start messing with the bootloader and roms. Since HTC said this was not the final build and warned people not to install it they covered their ass.

Its shit but i use to work in the warranty claims department for dsl modems and i have seen claims get turned down for much less. If they can find a way to slim you out of a buck they will.

I'm having similar issues after having flawless battery life (easy 24 hours) prior to the upgrade. I did a factory reset and it solved it but after setting the phone back up again something triggered the 100% awake time again. I just gotta find that app/setting/whatever that is causing this.

You may be caught in an endless syncing loop.

I had that happen with 2.1 and it wasn't pretty for a couple of days.

Turn off auto-sync and background data for a little bit and see if it helps.

In my case, it did, and just having it off for an hour or two cured the problem.

Nothing was screwed up for me that happened - just some network process lost its mind and got stuck.

Kindly report back.

Actually, as I said elsewhere, just turning off auto sync alone fixed al my issues. Battery life back to where it was.

T_T to those that were rooted applying this 2.2 (RUU)
You do know there is a possibility that you'll never have root again.
I'm not trying to be sensational, it's just how roots are.

So... I'm thinking we just had one bricking of a phone - and he got a new one same day?

Not bad for a non-official release.

But I agree with someone else about the mandatory hard resets. They probably should do it before, and after the update. lol

Back everything up (Google should have their own app for this). Uninstall all apps. Hard reset. Download update. Hard reset. Restore backed up data. Done.

Anyway, I have 2 EVOs I will be updating via OTA. Should be interesting.

I can't for the life of me get my phone to update to 2.2. Every time I download the update from Sprint and try to install it, I get the triangle with the exclamation point in it after like 15-20% install. Then the phone just stays there forever. I've hard reset it multiple times and re-downloaded the OTA update. Still no luck. Didn't try the manual yet, but I'm at the point where I'm just going to give up and stay with 2.1

I can't for the life of me get my phone to update to 2.2. Every time I download the update from Sprint and try to install it, I get the triangle with the exclamation point in it after like 15-20% install. Then the phone just stays there forever. I've hard reset it multiple times and re-downloaded the OTA update. Still no luck. Didn't try the manual yet, but I'm at the point where I'm just going to give up and stay with 2.1

http://androidforums.com/all-things...ta-over-top-my-unrevoked-3-a.html#post1294489

I would love a little help here... I downloaded the update a couple of hours ago.. I dont think it took completely. It says Android 2.2 on the phone info. But the camera isnt changed. I dont think flash is working properly either. My market place keeps force closing when i push update all. Its all messed up!! Is there a way to uninstall it and try it again? This isnt the leaked one, i just hit the update version and it updated.

So was wondering if I could get some help. I have a stock Evo and have been trying to do the OTA update to 2.2. Every time I hit the HTC software update it just keeps looking and looking. I have tried to get the update for the last two days and no luck. I have even left it looking overnight and no luck. Why is my Evo failing to find the update?

Well my problem was a little different, as I was trying to in Cyanogen Nightly onto my rooted 2.2 EVO. Right after I clicked confirm and I saw "Welcome to CyanogenMod! I got this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.76.2000" || ("ro.bootloader") == "0.79.0000"
E:Error in /sdcard/cm_supersonic-08282010­-005022.zip
(Status 7)

Is this because Cyanogen mod is not for 2.2?

Back
Top Bottom