• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Gingerbread RUU released for Thunderbolt

It comes with the sense clock not stock clock. It is on there look under applications it shows up idk why it doesn't show up in the drawer.

How do I use it if it's only accessible under menu>settings>applications? It only gives me the option to force stop, clear data, and about. I DLed a new alarm clock from the market (because that's what I use it for) just wondering if there is a solution to using the clock that's on there?

Every build has issues nothing is perfect I mean why do you think we are on 2.3.5 now and started with 2.3

Yes every build has issues but HTC and VZW will (or should) not release a build via OTA that doesn't alert users of new VM. and 2.3 vs 2.3.5 has nothing to do with HTC or VZW it is Google.

Not to mention most of the tweaks in the versions do not add much to what you will notice on your phone i.e. improvements and adding APIs to the platform with 2.3.3. Further google voice support (in the source not necessarly implemented by OEM and carriers) on 2.3.4. The latest release 2.3.5 added stablility in regards to network performance to the Nexus as well as removed free tethering from the Nexus S. Nothing there makes much of a difference to me personally :cool:

How do I use it if it's only accessible under menu>settings>applications? It only gives me the option to force stop, clear data, and about. I DLed a new alarm clock from the market (because that's what I use it for) just wondering if there is a solution to using the clock that's on there?

Flip clock is a widget. Not an app. Press he personalize button,then HTC Widgets

edit:
re-reading it looks like i had the wrong impression. i dont know if the stock alarm was there or not when i ran the leaks,as i use this one no matter what rom im on: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock&feature=search_result

Add a clock widget to one of your homescreens and then you are able to set an alarm like with the stock clock. I had the same issues and then figured out to do it that way. I stuck a clock on one of the screens I don't use and you can just hold the clock and an option to set an alarm comes up.

Will the official OTA still come through if I update to this? Actually, I am updating to this right now, so if the official OTA does not come through, how do I go about getting it?

when the real OTA happens,yes,you will get it. it will be a higher firmware# and your phone will realize it,and do the update.

All I want to see is the OTA....get your shit together Verizon and HTC

Well if history has given us any clue as to what will happen I would not hold my breath for it. The had said the GB update would happen in Q2, there was finally an update in the middle of July but it wasn't GB. HTC has said Q3 for the GB update but not said what time, Q3 will be over in a month so who knows when it will hit, I am confident that it will hit but wouldn't go as far as saying you will get GB before I am running Ice Cream Sandwich roms ;) but who knows it could start rolling out tomorrow for all I know.

Ran the revolutionary after the update.. I'm s-off but not rooted according to my apps that require root

did you read the entire questions and problems section? :rolleyes:

if so,did you allow revolutionary to install clockwork recovery and then flash the linked superser in clockwork recovery?

did you read the entire questions and problems section? :rolleyes:

if so,did you allow revolutionary to install clockwork recovery and then flash the linked superser in clockwork recovery?

I re-ran the clockwork recovery.. then ran the su update.. for some reason it didnt' take the first time.. got it now..so with the 2.11 update the camera don't work.. found a fix for that..

Do not use this version I posted, it's 2.10 use this newer RUU 2.11 much stabler.

[ROM]RUU_Mecha_GINGERBREAD_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.11.605.0_Rad io_0.01.78.0802w_3_NV_8K_1.41 - xda-developers

Howdy all. I have currently two different phones. One which came with 1.7 and one that came with 1.14. I rooted and flashed the CyanogenMod on the 1.14 phone. I have tried various official and leaked radios on the 1.14. The 1.7 phone is stock. Now for the problems I'm having and questions regarding this update.

1.14 Phone Details:
Model: ADR6400L
Android Version: 2.3.5
Baseband Version: 1.39.00.0430r, 0.01.69.0501r
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod+
Mod Version: 7.1.0-ProTekk-Build-7
Build Number: GRJ90

1.70 Phone Details
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.21-g0606a3a htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Build Number: 1.70.605.0 CL343953 release-keys

I've been on the phone with Verizon for about 2 weeks now regarding extremely erratic signal. Essentially, the 1.14 running the newest CyanogenMod and the most up to date Radio (see above) I found in the all things radio thread does not get 4g at all. It has a very stable 3g signal however.

The 1.7 stock phone cannot stay connected to either 4g or 3g for more than about 15 seconds.

Questions #1:If you were me, what would you do?
  1. Keep the 1.14 phone and continue to update with root oriented solutions and send the 1.7 phone back. (see Questions #2)
  2. Keep the 1.7 phone and root it after updating with a newer OTA.
  3. Keep the 1.7 phone and root it after flashing it with the RUU I've quoted.
  4. Root the 1.7 phone and use root/mod solutions.
  5. None of the above you have a better solution.

I have until Wednesday approximately to make up my mind what course of action to take.

Question #2: This might sound like a nooby question regarding the 1.14 phone but should I update it's firmware at all or is this included as part of the mod I downloaded and flashed? If it is not part of the mod then how should I go about doing this? As I said I've had a stable 3g signal but cannot get 4g at all and am wondering if this has to do with older firmware.

Questions #3: Other than that I am loving the CyanogenMOD alot. I haven't touched the kernel at all on this phone. Should I?

I know I've asked a few questions here but tried to be as detailed as possible regarding my I believe unique situation. Any honest attempts to help me find a solution will be met with thanks++

Much appreciated. :)

Side note: They have determined that part of the signal problem is due to a large amount of noise interference in my area that they are trying to fix but cannot give any estimate as to when this might become a resolved issue and basically offered to give me a way out of my contract which I do not really want seeing as I have the unlimited data plan.

QUOTE=aethyrprime:
]Howdy all. I have currently two different phones. One which came with 1.7 and one that came with 1.14. I rooted and flashed the CyogenMod on the 1.14 phone. I updated that phone to various official and leaked radios. The 1.7 phone is stock. Now for the problems I'm having and questions regarding this update.
please desribe where you found the numbers youre referencing... 1.7 and 1.14 are not making sense to me in terms of firmware,hboot,etc.

I've been on the phone with Verizon for about 2 weeks now regarding extremely erratic signal. Essentially, the 1.14 running the newest CyrogenMod and the most up to date Radio I found in the all things radio thread does not get 4g at all. It has a very stable 3g signal however.

The 1.7 stock phone cannot stay connected to either 4g or 3g for more than about 15 seconds.

Questions #1:If you were me, what would you do?
  1. Keep the 1.14 phone and continue to update with root oriented solutions and send the 1.7 phone back. (see Questions #2)<--this one. if the 1.7 phone is stock and wont connect to 3 or 4g,its prolly not worth screwing with.
  2. Keep the 1.7 phone and root it after updating with a newer OTA.
  3. Keep the 1.7 phone and root it after flashing it with the RUU I've quoted.
  4. Root the 1.7 phone and use root/mod solutions.
  5. None of the above you have a better solution.

I have until Wednesday approximately to make up my mind what course of action to take.

Question #2: This might sound like a nooby question regarding the 1.14 phone but should I update it's firmware at all? If so how? As I said I've had a stable 3g signal but cannot get 4g at all and am wondering if this has to do with the older firmware. This phone is running the CyrogenMod newest stable version non alpha.
im assuming youre refering to "cyanogenmod". if youre not on the latest version of that,id certaily update to it. the older versions can have 3g/4g handoff and stability issuesif youre on the newest release,then thats as good as it gets until slayher can release another update,wich wont be for awhile.

Questions #3: Other than that I am loving the CyrogenMOD alot. I haven't touched the kernel at all on this phone. Should I?
slayhers kernels work great for me. i dont usually change them, you may get slightly better battery life out of one of imoseyens "lean kernels"

I know I've asked a few questions here but tried to be as detailed as possible regarding my I believe unique situation. Any honest attempts to help me find a solution will be met with thanks++

Much appreciated. :)

Side note: They have determined that part of the signal problem is due to a large amount of noise interference in my area that they are trying to fix but cannot give any estimate as to when this might become a resolved issue and basically offered to give me a way out of my contract which I do not really want seeing as I have the unlimited data plan.
well,if you have network issues,no phone,or software change is going to fix that. i find 3g fine for 90% of what i do that uses data,and am on wifi a good bit of the time also,so doing without 4g until they got it figured out wouldnt be an issue to me,but thats a decision youll have to make for your self.

hope that helps :)

Howdy all. I have currently two different phones. One which came with 1.7 and one that came with 1.14. I rooted and flashed the CyanogenMod on the 1.14 phone. I have tried various official and leaked radios on the 1.14. The 1.7 phone is stock. Now for the problems I'm having and questions regarding this update.

1.14 Phone Details:
Android Version: 2.3.5
Baseband Version: 1.39.00.0430r, 0.01.69.0501r
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod+
Mod Version: 7.1.0-ProTekk-Build-7
Build Number: GRJ90

1.70 Phone Details
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.21-g0606a3a htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Build Number: 1.70.605.0 CL343953 release-keys
from this new information you just added,i see youre running protekks builds. nothing wrong with that,but id try slayhers officially supported version. you can download it from here:
[ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.7 Updated 8-31 9:33PM EST

youre also on some reaaaaaly old radios- from the first gingerbread leak. you should at least go to the newest official radio,from the official mr2 (ending 627,or nickname "mr2.75") but you may want to go a step further and try the ones from the 3rd or 4th gb leak. you are basically using the oldest and worse of the "new" radios.

you can download new radios from here: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/399960-radios-recoveries-hboot.html

from this new information you just added,i see youre running protekks builds. nothing wrong with that,but id try slayhers officially supported version. you can download it from here:
[ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.7 Updated 8-31 9:33PM EST

youre also on some reaaaaaly old radios- from the first gingerbread leak. you should at least go to the newest official radio,from the mrs leak(ending 627,or nickname "mr2.75") but you may want to go a step further and try the ones from the 3rd or 4th gb leak. you are basically using the oldest and worse of the "new" radios.

you can download new radios from here: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/399960-radios-recoveries-hboot.html

Awesome thanks for the tips. I tried searching around but it gets rather confusing from a newbie stand point. I am quite technical but this is my first smart phone and it's been a nightmare to deal with since getting it and finally broke down and took the root plunge. But finding the right thing to do from the start with all the old information in the mix makes it rather confusing which is better than what newer than what or more stable than what when searching through so many different threads with so many pages each. hehe. :)

Back
Top Bottom