• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been solidly in the Incredible camp since the beginning, but I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't entertained similar thoughts as above.

The ONLY thing tempting me about the iPhone is the abundance of aftermarket integrations, as you mention. If they could come up with an iPod adapter for Android phones that would you use all the iPod crap that's out there in a transparent way, I would go Android and never look back. If somebody builds a Windows Mobile VM or emulator for Android, that would be the final nail in the coffin for me personally.

I agree. That would be terrific. The more hardware based products are out there to help migrate the iPod/iTouch/iPhone masses to Android the better. It should be an interesting year following the Incredible's release to see what comes out.

Upvote 0
BUT, where is the thread to talk about the HTC Incredible?? This one is full of other junk..

As if this thread aint about the HTC Incredible...just ask the 500 other websites that use it as a source for their news of the day...

I must be the only one to enjoy reading the occasional displays of personality here.
And sometimes tangents are entertaining and also educational.

Have a fun day

Upvote 0
This was posted on Engadget yesterday as part of the Nexus One Complaints article. "We've had a Nexus One in daily use for a couple months now with relatively little drama, but Google's official support forums for the so-called superphone appear to be piling up a good head of steam on a handful of issues troubling owners. Perhaps the highest profile among them is the 3G signal strength issue -- a problem that predates the Nexus One's first and only firmware update -- but users are complaining about everything from unresponsive touchscreens, to failed text messages, to problems with the ambient light sensor, and there are enough "me too" responses in the support threads to warrant some serious attention."

Given that HTC makes both phones and they are similar, do the problems with the unresponsive touchscreen and ambient light sensor concern anyone? The other problems seem network related so I am not as concerned with those.

We've all waited a long time for this phone so we sure don't want any problems when we get it.

this might address one of your issues
from the evergreen thread:

No multitouch BUG as found in N1

Reactions: Capeguy
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the HTC incredible will have the same type of proximity sensor that the droid has? I don't know what the iphone has, but I haven't seen the same type of issues with cheeks accidentally hitting end call or mute. Can anyone comment on that? That is my main complaint with the droid. Thanks!

I think it's too early to tell if there are proximity issues, but remember the Droid and the Incredible are two different manufactures. I wouldn't believe that the Android operating system would be faulted for proximity issues.

Upvote 0
yes.

The wireless G band does run at 54mbps (b for bits) however realistically it runs at 20-30 depending on range and interference. Like for me I have 25/25 internet connection but when I run a speed test it shows up as 18/18. So I'm only getting 18mbps from my router. it makes sense as i have a lot of stuff in the way like monitors and computers.

Why? range, interference, or you may have your wireless antenna pointing the wrong direction. If you point it to you you may notice a slight speed increase - maybe.

when I say "point" I mean keeping your router free from interference (no metal, walls, or wireless phone near by) and having the antenna standing strait up and down ( it doesn't shoot outward from the point it's a broadcast from the sides).

So you never get the full speed of wireless ever. Same is true for wired connection but it is faster. You still get resistance (same idea for wireless interference) from the copper wire in the cable.

Hope that helps a little ...:)

So my actiontec m1424wr router that lets my wired computer run at 35 meg is the reason my wireless laptop only runs at about 16 meg????

Upvote 0
have we heard anything about the possible user guide NKT has and whats the deal with the picture we're supposedly waiting for?

The user guide will be posted on Phandroid as soon as it's done being watermarked.

I think it's time to restate once again the best strategy for those trying to keep up with the forum: scroll through the pages you haven't read and look for posts with lots of Thanks under them. Check the Evergreen thread for the "canonical" info (that's as close to confirmed as we have). And if you're too lazy to do either of these, at least don't clutter up this thread even more with constant requests for cliff notes from those who have been keeping up; it's slightly annoying. (Getheis, this is not an attack against you, you're just the most recent example of something that is annoying when dozens of people do it. Sorry.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones