• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used Phonezoo for Android? That's what I have used for my flip phone.

I sent PhoneZoo an email yesterday since they don't have the Incredible listed in their devices. I used them for my BB. Haven't heard back yet...but it has been less than a day.

Anyone in here can eloborate on the ease or the difficulties in making the switch from a windows mobile device (Moto Q9c :mad:) to an Incredible (:D) Android device??? I'm talking about the basics such as contacts, sms, files, etc. but also referring to the user experience as it relates to overall functionality...business needs and personal.

My store just got them in today!! Very excited, I will be playing with this phone for the day, no sales are going to get done.

Got mine a little early....yesterday around 11AM. I have been loving everything about the phone..truly is amazing...but the battery life has been terrible..absolutely terrible...And I have no live wallpapers/few open widgets/keep wifi/gps when not needed etc. We're definitely gunna have to do SOMETHING about battery life.

Download the Advanced Task Killer App. Get the free one if you don't want to pay...you will have some ad scroll at the bottom of it...but it's free...so, you get what you pay for. You can make sure all your apps are closed with this. In the day I have had the phone I have made great use out of it. My husband has it on his Droid and it's invaluable for keeping the battery going throughout the day by quitting opened apps you aren't using.

Anyone in here can eloborate on the ease or the difficulties in making the switch from a windows mobile device (Moto Q9c :mad:) to an Incredible (:D) Android device??? I'm talking about the basics such as contacts, sms, files, etc. but also referring to the user experience as it relates to overall functionality...business needs and personal.

I'm coming from the same phone and, I believe I've seen some posts about synching--not totally sure. I'm watching for replies too. Otherwise, I'll get plenty of keyboard practice entering my contacts manually :(

OK Kids! News! My phone is out for delivery! :) :)

A lot of waiting! Now here it comes! :)

I cant stop looking out my window for the damn truck! I'm trying to be productive but I can only clean the window so many times to make sure that I can see the vehicles coming clearly!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I know some people were curious about the mobile broadband. Well in the box there was a little flyer directing you to download VZ Access Manager Software and in the fine print it says:

"Subscription to Mobile Broadband Connect feature required for wireless Internet service."

mine just got delivered - I got the 2GB card even though I ordered 4/20.

I was surprised by how freakin small the box for the thing was - I guess it looked larger on the reviews for some reason.

Charging right now - can't wait to get started.

The best way I found was to sync my Contacts and Calendar with Google. I came from an Omnia and setup an exchange to gmail and it worked like a charm!

Another what is via VZW backup on there website. (although I haven't tried it)

This may be seem like a strange question, but why does the thread have to close? It's the "official" HTC Inc thread. Having an absolute buttload of visitors and hits, Androidforums would be mad to close it down IMO FWIW AFAIK

Consider this thread as the parent thread before the birth of the Inc. Once this get's shut down, there will be the offspring of this thread to related topics in form of several threads.

Here is the status of your order.

Order Date: 04/21/2010

Order Number: 32745XXXX

Order Status: Your order is currently being processed, please check back tomorrow
cry.gif

I just called the VZW CSR to explain to me where the hell is MY TRACKING NUMBER :confused: She could not find my request her computer :mad: The day before I'm supposed to get my phone and you are still processing my order and now you can't even find it :eek:

She said she will call the on-line CSR and verify that I'm and getting my phone tomorrow :( I better start coughing right now, because if shen can't verify delivery of my phone with a TRACKING NUMBER I will be standing in front of the VZW store bright and early :cool:

Going to go smoke a cigarette before I go POSTAL . . .I MEAN INCREDIBLE UP IN HERE!!!!!! :o

you could also sync ur WinMo phone to Outlook and export to a text file. Then use Gmail to import. It can be a pain in the Axx but its better than paying VZW or doing it manually.

For those of you constantly hitting F5 on the FedEx site, I've just freed up a port by closing my own connection. The phone is sitting on my desk!!! Many thanks to all who contributed to this forum. It has been immensely helpful and its been great to feel a part of a larger community waiting on this thing to arrive. I'll miss lurking on this thread but will hopefully be a more active participant around the forum as we all move on to bigger and better things now that we've got the phone!!

Just played with an INC one of the reps had for training at a VZW store, able to do a side-by-side comparison with the Droid, the INC is awesome. It's not like it blows the Droid away, but the Sense UI is a big plus for me, it feels good in the hand and it's fast as hell. And the multitouch works great. No issues whatsoever. If the Droid keyboard had been better I would have gotten that when it came out, thank God it wasn't or I would have missed this puppy. He is setting one aside for me for tomorrow morning, gonna stop on the way to work and pick it up. I am so not concerned about having any buyer's remorse when the EVO comes out.

Interesting that the Incredible forum has surpassed the Eris forum in number of posts and the phone hasn't even been officially released yet...

Anyone else wishing they could do GPS tracking of the FedEX vehicle when your Incredible is out for delivery??

(Honestly it would be too much trouble for them, but I can wish right?)

Anyone else wishing they could do GPS tracking of the FedEX vehicle when your Incredible is out for delivery??

(Honestly it would be too much trouble for them, but I can wish right?)

Just before the Fed-Ex guy showed up at my door I was on Google looking for a way to do just that. Good lord, I'm a goofball.:rolleyes:

The phone has been here for about an hour - I put it on charge nd had to go to a meeting. I have another meeting at 1:00 PM, so I hope to get this thing set up soon and will be checking it out for the remainder of the day! :D

Question about Exchange Activesync:

I have it set up for work e-mail, and it was set up to have e-mails come as they arrive. It was working fine last night, but as of this morning I stopped receiving e-mail. I had to manually open up the mail app and refresh it to download mail. I went into the settings for the Mail app and the "Set download frequency" is now set to Manual, and when I try to set it to as it comes or a time limit, and back out it goes back to manual.

I also tried changing the frequency in the account sync settings, but that won't go off manual either. Is this a restriction that is put on the mail server or am I missing something? It was working fine yesterday when I set up, but not anymore.

EDIT: Disregard, i figured it out. For some reason automatic syncing was turned off for everything, i guess it was a power setting. I turned it back on and its back up and running. I will leave this here in case anyone has similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom