• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in Columbus lucky enough to get theirs today yet? I'm at work (as a teacher) and punching f5 every time to see if it came yet (That's what she said). Anyway...looks like the kids may get busy work tomorrow ;)

Anyone in Columbus lucky enough to get theirs today yet? I'm at work (as a teacher) and punching f5 every time to see if it came yet (That's what she said). Anyway...looks like the kids may get busy work tomorrow ;)

I'm a teacher too, fortunate enough to have my wife home today. She's bringing me my phone today at lunch which begins in T-minus 25 minutes and counting. <insert clock sound from 24 here>:cool:

For all of those Windows mobile users interested in and not already using, there's a great FREE app called Microsoft MyPhone < My Phone > that pretty much backs-up everything on your phone (contacts, texts, file, pics, mp3s, etc)to online storage which can then be exported to other applications. I just tried it seemed to work like a charm allowing me export all my pertinent info into google for easy syncing later when I pick up my Incredible.
Also as others have suggested, syncing with Outlook and exporting into Gmail works as well.

Forum Question: Is there a way to permanently unsubscribe to all threads? Or a way to not get an email notification every time something happens in a thread I post in? I unsubscribe via the link in the emails all the time, but its not doing anything.

(1) Go into User CP (2) Go to Settings & Options (3) Edit Options (4) Messaging & Notifications (5) Go down to Default Notifications (6) From the drop down menu select either "Do not subscribe" or "No email notifications" (7) Save changes

Activated the Incredible, voice works but not data. Just talked to Verizon and there's a problem activating data plans, sometimes they have to submit a ticket manually to activate data plans. Mine "should be working pretty soon" apparently.

Ah, well. I finally get my new phone, and what do I do? Stay up until 2:00 a.m. geeking out generating fractal Julia set wallpapers. There's a pretty good app called Fractoid in the Market. Although, it wasn't *that* long ago that regular personal computers had a hard time grinding this stuff out in a reasonable amount of time, so it's really pretty amazing to me to have it happen fairly quickly on a phone (yep, this is in fact my very first smartphone.) I was disappointed to find that there is no notepad application that comes with the Incredible; had to install an app....
See though, this is one of the areas where Apple and Google have different philosophies:

Apple doesn't want anyone to duplicate functionality that is already on their phone, so it will, as they say, "avoid confusion" (read: 'we don't want to get shown up when someone else cranks out a better version of something we put on the phone' 'Hey, if it's good enough for The Jobs, it should be good enough for you').

In Google's case, they know that the dev community is perfectly capable of cranking out good apps, so for them it's more like, 'uhhh... a notepad app? Really? Aren't there going to be, like, a dozen of those the first month we open the Android Market? Why don't we spend our time making the OS better, and let the dev community crank out the utils, because they're going to anyway, even if it's already on the phone'.

Which scenario is more open and more encouraging to competition and, more importantly, innovation? :)

Goodbye, cruel world
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind
Goodbye

Goodbye Official HTC Incredible Thread
First one to name that band gets a Thanks.:):D

So is the consensus to go ahead and use the phone while it's charging?

Yes. It will still charge just the same. People find the dumbest things to obsess about. Lithium Ion Batteries do not need the conditioning everyone is freaking out about. They have built-in charge controllers that keep them from getting over-charged, turn them off when the voltage drops too low, turns them off if the get too hot, and maintain a constant charge current. LiPo's have no memory effect issues at all. Their capacity diminishes based on the number of recharge cycles. So the only thing you can do to prolong their life is charge them only when needed.

In about 24 hrs I will have my very own Incredible. In about 27 hours the battery will be charged.

For the next 2 years I will play, browse, talk, text, email from the Incredible....

...until the next thread opens up, speculating about the next "Incredible" Android device, and we all complain about how slow and lame our HTC Incredibles are... fun times ahead.

My bank account was charged this morning but I haven't received any email from Verizon and my status page still says "processing". Does anyone know what's next?

Quoting the Incredible User's Guide - "It's important to fully charge the battery before turning on your wireless device."

Why would they specify this if it's not necessary?

Because engineers do not write user manuals. Business/language/communications majors do.

These batteries have already been through several cycles for testing during their manufacture.

Woo hoo! My phone came in today. I preordered Sunday night/Monday morning, and I got my free 2GB MicroSD card too.

It's charging right now because I have a project I have to take care of at work... Can't play with this for a couple of hours. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom