• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the odds that none of the following 10 messages will have shipping information or a complaint that someone isn't receiving their phone before the delivery date? :)

On FedEx vehicle for delivery
WAUKEGAN, IL

Ship date
helpIcon.gif

Apr 25, 2010

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Apr 28, 2010 by 7:00 PM

First post. Thanks to ALL, especially Anon (drum roll not withstanding). The knowledge found on here has been incredi.., uhm, unbelievable. This forum rocks!!! I have had no life for the last 3 weeks, and now as I am looking out my window every 5 minutes for the truck that left at 7:53:29.003 am, VW calls me and asks if I want to upgrade my phone to a new .................................BLACKBERRY :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Needless to say, he had no idea when I told him about the pre-order (cough). He then tells me the Incredible is coming out sometime this week.:rolleyes: He obviously did not share my, or rather OUR excitement. :D:D:D

Ah, well. I finally get my new phone, and what do I do? Stay up until 2:00 a.m. geeking out generating fractal Julia set wallpapers. There's a pretty good app called Fractoid in the Market. Although, it wasn't *that* long ago that regular personal computers had a hard time grinding this stuff out in a reasonable amount of time, so it's really pretty amazing to me to have it happen fairly quickly on a phone (yep, this is in fact my very first smartphone.) I was disappointed to find that there is no notepad application that comes with the Incredible; had to install an app. The screen protector sheets that were available through Verizon as accessories indeed do *not* cover the entire face of the phone, just the visible screen area. I figured they'd get me started, but it's really pathetic IMO that they don't even provide protection for the entire screen, maybe with holes allowing for the joypad dealie, etc.. Battery life not great so far, even with radios turned off. I almost would like a larger display, but the pinch-to-zoom works really well. Oh, yeah, that Fractoid app crashed a couple of times, but the OS seems to have handled it well; it prompted me to close the app and kept on truckin', as one would expect from a UNIX-ish system. I do wish the Sense UI were a bit more configurable, but it's a very fine piece of equipment, overall. I'm hoping to write my own software to support a particular time/project-management workflow, and I hope the bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't get in the way too much. Goodnight, and have an incredible tomorrow.

If you write that software and make it into an app please tell us! I could use it! thx:)

I believe it is Bumf**k, but I may be wrong:D

Yes, there is really a hicksville, and it is anything but that. Right in the middle of Nassau County, LI, NY. Very heavily populated and surronded by overpriced and overtaxed neighborhoods.

Living in the vacinity my whole life, never really looked at it as odd....:)

Just got it and went to activate it and put in the wrong social security number too many times (Its under my moms name so i was fuzzy on here ss numbers)

It wouldnt let me activate it after that, I went through all the other processes....how do i get the phone to try to activate again?

Just got it and went to activate it and put in the wrong social security number too many times (Its under my moms name so i was fuzzy on here ss numbers)

It wouldnt let me activate it after that, I went through all the other processes....how do i get the phone to try to activate again?

Call Cust support

Can try to activate online under "my account" or call in to vzw and ask them to activate it...

Ordered mine on sunday, its been sitting in Memphis since monday. I expected it to arrive before I left this afternoon for a trip to DC but instead chose to reschedule my trip to next week so I can be here when it arrives.

Nice! Check out my latest account balance after battling for all my discounts:

This email is to confirm that your requested credit/adjustment has been processed. Your current balance is -$64.82, which includes credits/adjustments totaling -$130.00.

Woot!

Reactions: Beo
When I get my phone here in a bit. First thing I am going to do is go down to our VZW store that never has a clue about anything. Will ask for accessories even though I don't need any. They will say we don't have anything for that phone and not sure when we will be getting in. The phone is not even out yet. At that I will whip it out of my pocket with the camera already on and say well I got mine. I will try and get there reaction. They did not even have screen protectors for my wifes droid when I went in last time. This might be the worst vzw store in history. If I get some good video I will post it here.

I just stopped in my local VZW corp. store and got the same story. They have no idea what accesories they will have in the store. Amazing how useless they are.

I asked if they had a unit to see, and they said NO. While I was talking to him, one of the reps was plugging in a unit that they had just showed to a customer.

They are amazingly useless!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom