• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my phone. Had it sent to work so I was waiting for the FedEx driver at the recieving dock. The people in recieving think I'm insane.:D

I've got it!

Saw the truck show up and I got it from the building office that that signed for it.

Had it back up here and plugged in before the shipping status had updated!

if someone bought the phone full retail and they were unhappy with it, does verizon have a 30day return policy with it or are you stuck with it.

I was just wondering....

Got it.

This phone is awesome but is going to take some getting used to from a dumb phone!

Whats everyones favorite applications so far?

My father-in-law just called me. He signed for it around noon. Now I have to wait till 3 to leave work. Its about a 40 min ride home for me. Its going to be the longest 40 min ride of my life.

Hey folks, if any of you have voice mail that is way over 40 days and you want to save it, I suggest that you save them before you activate and switchover to the Incredible. Last night I had all my voice mail that has been on the server (verizon's server) listed on my Incredible's Visual Voice Mail. I did NOT transfer the messages to Archive, (on the HTC Droid Incredible, it tells you that the Visual Voice Mail from Verizon does not work with the HTC built-in one and tell yous to uninstall Verizon's application).

Anyway, I checked out my phone this afternoon and saw all my messages, except the 8 most current were on Visual Voice Mail. I lost all of the others. I talked to CSR and he said that the activation probably caused the 40 day voice removal to be processed. He also talked to a Tier 2 employee and stated that. Now, I'm not sure if that is the case, since I was able to see the removed Voice Mail on the Visual Voice Mail last night, but it's not there anymore and some important messages that I had, are now gone.

If any one of you know how I can obtain these messages back, please PM me with suggestions.

Thank You All for your Advice about the Incredible. It's a Great Phone!

got mine yesterday, blazing fast (obvious), works like a charm! Sense UI is much better than the stripped down Android on the Moto Droid.
the phone is SUPER light...but not cheap feeling.
so far so good... no complaints!
I went from a Samsung i-760, to Samsung Omnia, to Moto Droid, to Palm Pre... Love the Pre's webOS, but love the Incredible's hardware EVEN more!

My business faces a busy commercial street. I saw the FedEx Express truck directly in front of the office, but on the OTHER side of the street. I guess he has to keep his route going...now im sad :(

Has anyone tried loading/running the swype beta yet? I didnt get my download from the beta site but it was supposedly the same file, I cant get it to work properly bc it keeps saying the version is for a different sized screen..Did anyone else have this problem or did I just d/l a version for maybe just the moto droid

Has anyone received their phone while still getting the "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." message? Or still getting that message and are like "wtf?" I ordered on 4/20 and had it billed to my account. My credit is so so (however perfect with Verizon) and an earlier message said something about pending availability and credit.
Anyone hear a story about denied credit?

My life revolves around this phone. If I don't get it. What will become of me...:rolleyes:

hey anyone have a zagg discount code?? if so pm it to me. Im taking the plung and getting a ZAGG even though i did not want to. everyone here who has gotten it after i put it one and ext how long will it take for me to then start to use the phone again ?

This is probably no big deal to all of you who already have your phones... but it was a big deal to me.

I started to panic and wish I would have pre-ordered. I didn't because delivery was going to be a problem. I started out dealing with a verizon retailer when I stopped in one day to ask about the N1... a long time ago. I thought they might be more likely to give info than my corporate store. The guy had heard of it but no info. I have stopped by a few other times and either they were lying or clueless or lying... don't really care. I stopped in last week to see if they had any more info... and someone said we don't even know if we are getting any here. The guy at the retail store is not in today or tomorrow, said he would call me right away... then I was reading on here where some stores were only getting 3 or 10. I got worried so I called and talked to a manager at a corp store. He supposedly gave me an appointment for when they open up on Thursday. I called the other day to verify my appointment. Couldn't talk to him, he was in a meeting, called later and he was with a customer, no one else could verify his appointments. He was supposed to call me back and didnt. Panic was really setting in by last night.

I stopped into the retailer's store this morning hoping they would have a display. Nope. I could tell from the sh*t eating grin on his face they had them but he would not let me see one. Then I find out that they don't honor the Ne2. But... my name was on a list but they didn't know how many they were going to get still today and everyone that worked there had lists and it was going to be fcfs and they didn't know how many people were going to be in to get them. Betwen the Ne2 and this, I was not too impressed with them.

I decided to try a different corporate store... what a difference! The guy asked me what he could help me with and I said I was interested in the incredible. He said they come out tomorrow. I asked if they had a display I could look at and he said not exactly but... he pulled one out of his pocket. I got to touch it!!! I got to play with it. I was concerned with he virtual keypad. Not worried any more!! I asked if there was a lot of interest in them and he said some but I would have no problem getting one. He told me they had 125 of them in the back and asked if I wanted one held...Um... YES!!! I am the first one that has one spoken for in their store!! He is meeting me at the store at 9 (he isn't scheduled till 10) so I can get it right away AND get to work on time. I get my Ne2, for $50, already have $50 credit on my acct because it didn't reset when I returned the Moto droid a few months ago, and I have a $100 verizon card.. plus I will have the mail in rebate. SWEET!! They had cases and screen protectors already on display so I bought th red to black... only had 2 left. They didn' have the protectors like the skins so will have to order but the ones they had will give me something to start with. So I am all set... all I need now is for it to be 9 am tomorrow!!

Life is good!!! The phone is sooooo awesome, I can't wait until tomorrow. I know I need to grow up but this is worse than Christmas when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom