• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No incredible for me until Tomorrow, but I DID get my 16gb class 6 micro sd card about 10 minutes ago! :-)

I'm excited that the pieces are falling into place!

Now, if I can just get my Invisibleshield in the mail....

Plan to pick up the Incredible & a case tomorrow at BB!

Has anyone received their phone while still getting the "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." message? Or still getting that message and are like "wtf?" I ordered on 4/20 and had it billed to my account. My credit is so so (however perfect with Verizon) and an earlier message said something about pending availability and credit.
Anyone hear a story about denied credit?

My life revolves around this phone. If I don't get it. What will become of me...:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat. I still get the "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." I ordered on the 22nd and also had it billed to my account. This is really frustrating.

everything works great, but I have a few questions.
First is after you get a message that an app is downloading where do you find the download to install it?
Second why would my phone give me a network error when I hit the mic button to dictate a text message???

My first real Android experience.

I answered the first question with Google, it hasn't finished downloading yet.

i ordered mine online at 10 this morning and i just got the number for delivery tomorrow by 4:30:D:D

But i was unable to use the SMART30 coupin...:mad:

For anyone interested, I just wanted to share that after I got my Incredible activated this morning I went over to my local Verizon to transfer my contacts. Being as I already had the phone, they offered to show me some cases too. I took a look at both the red/black gradient hard case and the black silicon case (ruled out the holster right away).

I ended up leaving with the black silicon case. I've never used a case before because I didn't want the extra bulk but this one did a good job of preserving the integrity of the original phone. I can't even tell its on when I look at it and it probably adds 1 mm of thickness and takes the pressure off the camera touch point. I've also got some VZW screen protectors which seem to do their job. For anyone wondering, they are cut to only cover the screen and not the whole phone, if that matters to you.

Oh and also, I did receive a 2gb card in my package and I ordered at 8am on the 19th. Enjoy your phones all!

Check this out, just another reason to go android!

Apple bans apps that criticize or make fun of public figures-unless you've won a Pulitzer (Phone Arena News)

Next thing Steve will do is block anything with the word android in it.:D

On a side note, Its been reported that because Newton came up with the theory of gravity when an apple fell on his head, Apple Corp. has filed for a patent on Gravity. Everyone using gravity or planning on using gravity in the future would have to pay Apple a royalty.

Just got my Incredible right now! Box says "HTC Incredible with Google" not "DROID Incredible" like we all thought. Guess they just didn't want to change it at the last minute.

i preordered mine the day the pre-orders were available and my box has a 2GB card in it too.

Got the phone, and the 2gb microSDHC. Now just letting it charge, which of course is tough to do.... damn I should be working rather than looking at the phone.

Also about the video out cable... I think I see how they worked it. If you look into the MicroUSB port, there seems to be more contacts back there. Its neat to look at.

On a side note, Its been reported that because Newton came up with the theory of gravity when an apple fell on his head, Apple Corp. has filed for a patent on Gravity. Everyone using gravity or planning on using gravity in the future would have to pay Apple a royalty.

That might just be one of, if not the best post I have read on here!!!:D

taken from the ZAGG facebook page i used a 50% one and did 2nd day for only 24.00 here are the rest not sure if they all work but one of the 50% did for me just now

50%
isd6nzpp is6dnfn4
p8bwsp6 isndzsn9 is6bz4z8

40%
isnjdns6

30%
i3ddsdb6
isn8f0fa

20%
i3nzzjdf
isnpswsn
i36zanbf

everything works great, but I have a few questions.
First is after you get a message that an app is downloading where do you find the download to install it?
Second why would my phone give me a network error when I hit the mic button to dictate a text message???

My first real Android experience.

I answered the first question with Google, it hasn't finished downloading yet.

When you get an application from the Android Market, and tap insall, the application will download and then install. You can follow the status from the notification bar at the top of the phone. When you see a check over 2 lines, the application has installed. You can run the application (only once) from the notification bar.

Now that the application is installed can add the widget or shortcut for application on any home screen by long pressing a blank space on any home screen and follow the prompts.

I believe it works the same way when you side-load an application.

I just stopped in my local VZW corp. store and got the same story. They have no idea what accesories they will have in the store. Amazing how useless they are.

I asked if they had a unit to see, and they said NO. While I was talking to him, one of the reps was plugging in a unit that they had just showed to a customer.

They are amazingly useless!!!!!!!

I got video of them but I was pointing the camera down. All I got was voice. Would of been better if I could of got him on tape o well. Funny thing is this I asked for accessories he said they don't have any. He said he did not like htc products. I pulled it out and was flying through shit. I saw his eyes pop out of his head. I said 8 mp camera and opened up the camera and took a pic like bammmmm.. He said 8 mp wow and smoking fast. I said when you getting these bad boys in. He said maybe a month we are always late on getting new phones. Muhaaaaaaaa glad I preorderd. I mofos did not even have screen protectors for the Moto Droid... Worst VZW location eva...

Another funny thing took it up to my wifes work she was out to get lunch. But the receptionist at her PT clinic was like ohh is that the new Iphone. I said helllllllllllllllll noooo. This is better than the iphone. Went through and showed her some stuff. I think I have converted another person over lol. She said it looks like a Iphone.. Uhh no..

To anyone who still has the dreaded "Your order is still being processed please check back tomorrow." thing:

I ordered yesterday, and still have that message. Basically, I got worried that I would not get it, or that credit card failed or something. I called 611 and spoke with a very nice lady. I told here about the status. She said that the phone will be here tomorrow by 7:00 and it has been shipped out (via FedEx). Although, she did not have a tracking number to give me.

So to anyone doubtful, you will get it by tomorrow no matter what your status is!!! :) :)

Just got mine, charging. With just comparing them side by side with a Storm 1 and iphone 3gs I'd say the Incredible stacks up nice. The storm looks ancient. The incredible is so slender and thin even the iphone looks a tad big by compairison. Well, back to the charging....
Also got my 2GB card with it even though I pre-ordered on 4/19.

BTW, the red interior is even better with your own eyes. I also like the soft touch backing. Too bad I'll be covering it up with a protective case at some point.

This site has been fun for the past several months. Thanks guys and gals.

I'm picking mine up at the store tomorrow at 10. Some of the fun has been taken from the anticipated moment though as my wife was furrowed from her teaching position yesterday. They're closing the school. She's been there 16 years. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom