• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father-in-law just called me. He signed for it around noon. Now I have to wait till 3 to leave work. Its about a 40 min ride home for me. Its going to be the longest 40 min ride of my life.

Don't forget the stop at All American on the way home....inside Long Island Joke!:D

Congrats Androidoholic!:D

Mine is on the truck.. waiting for the wife to sign for it...I took a personal day off for tomorrow:cool: because I now I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

Just called Verizon since my order hasn't shipped yet (I only ordered it last night at 11:30 pm though). They said:

Me: The site says free overnight shipping, but the "Order Status" page says 2-3 days. Should I be getting this tomorrow?
CR: Did you select overnight shipping?
ME: Yes.
CR: You should receive yours tomorrow.
Me: Ok. It just worries me that it says 2-3 days.
CR: I know. Many others have had that concern, but since the phone comes out tomorrow, you will receive yours then.

Note she said "should". I also called in to ask about the SMART30 discount. They didn't know when it would ship (today or tomorrow), and she couldn't find SMART30 in the sytem. Fortunately, she said she'd meet me half way and give me $15 off. Sweet.

Anyone ordering in June: She said SMART30CH would work then. :-P

mines coming tomorrow before 3. so excited. glad it didn't come today because i have a million tests tomorrow and obviously would fail them all if i got the incredible today. can't wait until tomorrow!!

This site has been fun for the past several months. Thanks guys and gals.

I'm picking mine up at the store tomorrow at 10. Some of the fun has been taken from the anticipated moment though as my wife was furrowed from her teaching position yesterday. They're closing the school. She's been there 16 years. :(

damn that sucks bud, i know how you feel. i hope every thing works out.

Just called Verizon since my order hasn't shipped yet (I only ordered it last night at 11:30 pm though). They said:

Me: The site says free overnight shipping, but the "Order Status" page says 2-3 days. Should I be getting this tomorrow?
CR: I know. Many others have had that concern, but since the phone comes out tomorrow, you will receive yours then.

Note she said "should". I also called in to ask about the SMART30 discount. They didn't know when it would ship (today or tomorrow), and she couldn't find SMART30 in the sytem. Fortunately, she said she'd meet me half way and give me $15 off. Sweet.

Are you a new line or upgrade? I'm an upgrade and haven't been able to get ANYTHING out of that SMART30 code from CSR or Internet Sales .... they both informed me it was for new lines only no matter what i said. Guess I just keep calling the wrong people .... Finally sent an email as well so will see how that goes.

This site has been fun for the past several months. Thanks guys and gals.

I'm picking mine up at the store tomorrow at 10. Some of the fun has been taken from the anticipated moment though as my wife was furrowed from her teaching position yesterday. They're closing the school. She's been there 16 years. :(

Good luck to you and your wife. :(

Is anyone else going from iPhone to DInc like me?

i am moving from an iphone 3gs to the DI :D i had already tried the droid a couple months ago so most everything like my contacts and what not are all in sync with google already so it should be a smooth transition, Plus my iphone is already sold on ebay....

Don't forget the stop at All American on the way home....inside Long Island Joke!:D

Congrats Androidoholic!:D

Mine is on the truck.. waiting for the wife to sign for it...I took a personal day off for tomorrow:cool: because I now I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

I will stop in on the way home and pick up a double with cheese, hit me up when you get your phone, I am leaving my job now, hope I don't get a speeding ticket.:p

i am moving from an iphone 3gs to the DI :D i had already tried the droid a couple months ago so most everything like my contacts and what not are all in sync with google already so it should be a smooth transition, Plus my iphone is already sold on ebay....

I also have the 3Gs. How much do you expect for it on ebay? Coupla hundred?

My Incredible is in route from Fedex. Looking at accessories on Ebay.
2x BATTERY + CHARGER FOR VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250621388293 end time May-24-10 17:53:57 PDT) 2 batteries and a charger "for Verizon Incredible" for $13.99. The add shows the batteries, HTC Eris.
My questions:
Does the Incredible and Eris share the same battery?
Is there and extended battery out there yet?
good deal or not?

Thanks

fed ex just dropped off my incredible and its sweet..this is my first smart phone and i can already tell im gona enjoy it. thanks to all the posts cuz i been watchin for all the info and tryin to get educated. thanks for the wallpaper nashdroid. ill be lurkin in here for a while im sure

Well there is good news. I installed the Swype for Droid APK with 480x854 resolution on the Incredible and although it initially gives me an error that I installed the wrong APK, it still works flawlessly.

On your Incredible's browser go to -> Droid.Swype.Beta.5612.apk and download the package then install and manage settings and select the input method and all that and it will work.

Are you a new line or upgrade? I'm an upgrade and haven't been able to get ANYTHING out of that SMART30 code from CSR or Internet Sales .... they both informed me it was for new lines only no matter what i said. Guess I just keep calling the wrong people .... Finally sent an email as well so will see how that goes.

I'm an upgrade. I sorta lied though. I read people saw the SMART30 as a popup on the VZW site, so I said I saw it as a pop-up. Since she couldn't find it, she said she'd meet me half way. If being nice doesn't work, lie. :D

Does anyone that already have theirs go to devry online? I was wondering if you could log in and post in the threaded discussions for a class from your Inc.

Ingredients for a Slow Comfortable Screw!!

Here is the status of your order.
Order Date: 04/21/2010

Order Number: 32745XXXX

Order Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

Here is the status of your order.
Order Date: 04/21/2010

Order Number: 32745XXXX

Order Status: We have received your order. Please check back tomorrow.

THIS IS ON THE DAY BEFORE I'M SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE IT!!! WTF!!!
mad.gif

DRINK UP!!!

Just got the phone today, and I have 2 points. First, the new HTC Sense UI is almost sheer perfection. This UI should be on every android device! I cannot understand why someone would want stock Android after using this. The second point is this....battery life is not good...you will either need a second battery, an extended battery, or a different phone. For me, however, the device is good enough to warrant keeping, and getting a slim extended battery when available. I'm in love. lol

It'll ship overnight, sure, but there's no guarantee that you'll get overnight processing. That means your order won't be filled until they have it in stock (if they're sold out, that is). Either way, here's hoping that you get your Inc soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom