• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Mesh Case Review

I have a cheaper than chips 99p ebay case on mine. :D
Looks great (half gloss and half matt black), and has all round protection.
 
It all depends on what you kind of protection you want for your SGS2.

Some want the full protection, and that's fine if your prone to dropping your phone all the time or subject it to harsh environments But it turns an elegant phone into something designed for a baby.

Others just want something to 'wrap' the phone in to protect the back and the camera bezel from scratches, when you put the phone down. And they feature a lip up the sides to protect the screen on flat surfaces. Might not protect it from a fall but you still have a phone that looks elegant.

I currently have the black 'Barely There' CaseMate and will order the Official Mesh Case later this week. It looks lush.

:)
 
I agree with Remeniz, not all of us drop our phone on a daily basis and do not care to wrap our phones in plastic and rubber.

I am still using the CaseMate "Barely There" and would not use any other. I have not dropped my phone in years! The Barely There is good to just protect against scratches.
 
I agree too, I didn't buy a sexy phone to cover it up! Just something to stop the day to day scratches. I care for my phones too much to drop them!!
 
the mesh case is on ebay but not as the official one (no samsung logo) and cost much less than the official one. The phone is too slippy without a case so this thin case is perfect for me.

I bought the predatorZero carbon and metal case but it had no bounce or rubber protection if I dropped it so returned it.
 
I got genuine samsung mesh case, I do like it for just general protection (Obviously not drops and such).

It doesnt add much bulk or weight, but the thin plastic bit near the Power button has snapped so i expect that to get caught and pulled off soon (Currently just clips back into position).

Cost me
 
The corner to my Mesh case has just snapped off, no idea how but its gone!

Gotta look for a different type of case now seeing as this seems too brittle.
 
I had a mesh one and it also snapped on the corner. I also replaced it with the same cheap case which was excellent value.
I have a cheaper than chips 99p ebay case on mine. :D
Looks great (half gloss and half matt black), and has all round protection.
 
The corner to my Mesh case has just snapped off, no idea how but its gone!

Gotta look for a different type of case now seeing as this seems too brittle.

I had a mesh one and it also snapped on the corner.

I rest my case! :D

I agree that the Mesh Case is made of brittle plastic and offers no real protection, particularly at the top and bottom of the phone near to those corners that can catch on pockets and clothing and snap off.
 
Back
Top Bottom