• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

Yeaa. I started like that 2 years ago...m835 to admire and wildfire 2x lg motions atrix hd moto g 16gb 5x lg elites htc mytouch 4g slide sony xperia tl lg esteem droid 3 samsung galaxy s blaze moto x and now droid mini in the works while considering my my next phone buy Z3 or Moto X+1 I may have missed a few tho..but always on the look out for bang for buck and bootloaders unlocked or unlockable

wow thats alot of phones, in what period of time?

really? why is that?

thanks!
I don't know all the frequencies that the one from Amazon has, that you posted, but like dirtydee said your better off just getting Metro's branded S-5 because you'll be guaranteed that it'll work on Metro. I don't think that the prices are all that different, so even if you have to pay $50 more you'll be getting a phone that will work.

Homey is unlikely to get any branded phone anytime, anymore.

I enjoy being able to tether.

It's very nice not to have to jump through all kinds of difficult hoops to do that when it's needed.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Homey is unlikely to get any branded phone anytime, anymore.

I enjoy being able to tether.

It's very nice not to have to jump through all kinds of difficult hoops to do that when it's needed.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Personally, I agrees with ya. I don't tether often, but occasionally it's nice to be able to have that option. I can do it with my Moto G with no problems.

Ok heres a question about refarmed areas.

What is exactly does it mean that an area is refarmed?

I noticed that orlando is a refarmed area, and I'm moving there later in the week?

My main question I guess is... I'm guessing Orlando being a metropolitan area supports lte (I'm assuming). So if you have an lte phone will it automatically hook up to lte? And if you dont have an LTE phone what kinda speeds would you get in the orlando area (I guess this question would be for someone in orlando to answer)

I noticed that orlando is a refarmed area, and I'm moving there later in the week?

My main question I guess is... I'm guessing Orlando being a metropolitan area supports lte (I'm assuming). So if you have an lte phone will it automatically hook up to lte? And if you dont have an LTE phone what kinda speeds would you get in the orlando area (I guess this question would be for someone in orlando to answer)

Long story short reframed means non tmobile(att) gsm phones work native on tmoblie florida I heard is wicked with coverage ..

Refarmed for now just means that phones that need the 1900 band for HSPA will work just fine. You'll get amazing speeds in the Orlando metro, I get wonderful speeds in South FL and then Orlando is farther along. You'll get LTE if you have an LTE phone. HSPA speeds are generally a toss up everywhere so even someone in Orlando will probably be getting better or worse than you.

HSPA speeds are generally a toss up everywhere so even someone in Orlando will probably be getting better or worse than you.

Testify!

Slocala is Psycho on HSPA+.

In the most populated areas of town, 1/2 a mile can make the difference between 20 Mps D/L and 1-2 Mps D/L.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Hey guys I have a iPhone 5c (the CDMA version) from Verizon unlocked and was wondering if it could be used on metropcs. Also, I've tried to put in the sim and the phone says no service in order to use a unlocked phone on metro's service would I need to buy a new SIM card or am I doing something wrong with the sim I already have. Thanks.

Hey guys I have a iPhone 5c (the CDMA version) from Verizon unlocked and was wondering if it could be used on metropcs. Also, I've tried to put in the sim and the phone says no service in order to use a unlocked phone on metro's service would I need to buy a new SIM card or am I doing something wrong with the sim I already have. Thanks.
It should work on the network no problem and it shouldn't need to be unlocked since VZW phones come unlocked.

I upgraded my daughter's phone from the spirit to a Verizon iphone 5c. Since she didn't have a sim card already I ordered a new one, popped it in, called metro, gave them the phone imei and the sn from the sim and it was good to go.

I'm not sure if it will work if you already have a sim from a metro phone, I don't see why it wouldn't. I imagine you would just put the sim card in then call metro to switch phones.

One more question guys my bad if I'm bothering you all about 2 or 3 weeks ago I found a iphone 5 in my taxi cab. (I work as a taxi cab driver). And it has no data but it is not blacklisted according to swappa does this mean it will never be blacklisted or it will be blacklisted soon? The phone is on AT&T

That means that you need to turn the device into Verizon. It may be a set up you try and activate and will have a theft charge put on you or they maybe watching you cause your holding the device someone reported stolen. That is a insurance fraud cause they paid 300.00 or more for it may result in some jail . so just report the phone to Verizon .

Yeah, as BRAINZ said, you should turn the phone into the carrier and let them handle it. You should not try to activate it yourself because if the owner reports the device missing (which seems like it would be likely), it could be seen as theft.

Last time I looked 500.00 is a felony charge . hate to have you post back on here you had did time for a device you found . do all of us a big favor turn in the device . just think if you lost your iPhone or any phone would you want someone to turn it in . that person must feel the same way .

Not to mention that is Is possible the phone could be tracked and someone could be Asking YOU what you're doing with a reported stolen phone.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Back
Top Bottom