• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Oh no!! Constant reboot before loading screen

Today I spent a few hours reading about CM7 and decided to take the plunge and root my phone (using unrevoked) ready to install CM7. I rooted the phone with no problem.

Then I did a titanium backup and saved the contents onto my laptop, no problem.

I copied in the files to my SD card ie. the CM7.zip, googleapps.zip and a new radio update in anticipation of installling them,

Prior to installing the zip files through the clockworkmod thing, I made a Nandriod back up. This completed successfully, then I clicked "reboot".

However, now that I've "rebooted" it never gets past the O2 splash screen! It just keeps resetting!

I wiped the cache and data/factory settings in vain but nothing happened and I still cannot load up andriod!

Please please please can someone help me!

OK before anyone replies, I've restored the backup and it has now turned on, time to flash! and I've noticed this error and solution was mentioned in the FAQ

you must wipe the device using wipe data factory reset before you flash another rom otherwise you will get bootloop

Back
Top Bottom