• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ok i tried !!!

fullbloodedmut

Android Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2011
Florida
ok guys i see everyone needs the zve source code,i did the live chat with lg and here is the transcript,so if you guys wanna try and go from there,be my guest!!!
they gave me a metro number im not familiar with to,so have at it and see what you guys can get out of it--------->

Chat Transcript

Time of chat: 10/18/2013 8:50:06 AM
Length of chat: 00:19:13
Your name: Jorge Mercado
Chatted with: Joe

8:50 AM Joe: Hello Jorge Mercado. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
8:50 AM Joe: hello Jorge
8:50 AM Joe: how may I assist you today?
8:53 AM Jorge Mercado: goodmorning,i was wondering how would i go about getting the open source code for the lg esteem? and i continue to see the phone is still retailing for $300+ so does that mean that lg,might try to keep the phone up to par with some of the current phones out there,i feel maybe lg has something in the works for this phone in the future,but how much longer,will it ever leave gingerbread and take a step up? thanks
8:53 AM Joe: I would be happy to help you with that.
8:54 AM Joe: Phone Operating System updates are developed by both manufacturer (LG) and carrier (Metro PCS, in your case).
8:54 AM Joe: As this is handled in a company-level, we do not have access to detailed information such as the estimated date of release of the updates or if there are any updates scheduled for a product.
8:54 AM Joe: We receive notification of the updates once they have been already tested and are available to download from end users.
8:54 AM Joe: As well, keep in mind that retail prices are handled through the carriers directly
8:55 AM Joe: Answering to your inquiry, here you will be able to find the OPen Source code for this phone:

https://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=ms910

8:56 AM Jorge Mercado: how would i be able to maybe say become a so call end user to try out things for lg and metro on the esteem,id love to test out things for you guys,free at that lol
8:58 AM Joe: Well, that would be handled through the sales representatives directly. The vendors are the people that work closely with the carrier and sometimes have access to new phones and features. In order to reach your local LG sales representative, the way to go would be through your carrier
8:59 AM Jorge Mercado: thank you joe for your time and info,have a great day!!!
9:00 AM Joe: You are welcome
9:01 AM Joe: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
9:01 AM Jorge Mercado: no sir ty again
9:01 AM Joe: Thank you for your time and patience. It has been a pleasure to assist you today. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!
9:02 AM Jorge Mercado: one more thing sorry any idea wen the zve source code will be out
9:03 AM Joe: At the time we have not received any information in regards this software version for the phone. LG software are the ones listed on the provided page only
9:03 AM Jorge Mercado: ok i saw the others just no zve,thats the main one i was looking for
9:04 AM Jorge Mercado: would metro have it?
9:04 AM Joe: It might be possible. Since the software is not listed on the LG open source code distribution page, it is possible that it has been completely developed, distributed and supported by the carrier
9:05 AM Jorge Mercado: how would i go about getting ahold of metro,im not sure if they have a live chat
9:07 AM Joe: you can contact Metro PCS at (214) 570-5800
9:07 AM Joe: As well 800-373-2876
9:08 AM Jorge Mercado: ty joe,i believe you have answered all my questions,ty again and have a great weekend!!!
9:08 AM Joe: You are welcome
9:08 AM Joe: it has been a pleasure chatting with you today
9:08 AM Joe: by pressing the "End live chat" link under the conversation you would be able to see the survey and score your experience with me :D
9:09 AM Joe: thank you very much for your kindness and patience, please have a nice day!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones