• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OLD] (Boost) Update 2.3.6 with root

Noticed a few things with gps lately not working like it used to latent or timing out more often. Anyone else experiencing this with update?

Anyone have any single image display issues with their wallpaper not cycling across the whole image being stretched across multiple screens?

*edit*
Also auto rotate on the home screen doesnt function.

Does anyone have the files for Sprint? It doesn't have to be rooted or anything, I just need the Kernel and system update file. Once I have those, I think I can help with the rooting.

I updated my samsung trsnafor? Ltra to 2.3.6 and I have no root but I do have te superuser app what can I do to get root

I updated my samsung trsnafor? Ltra to 2.3.6 and I have no root but I do have te superuser app what can I do to get root

You need to use Interdpth's cwm file Root and Unroot for Stock 2.3.6(for devs and power users)

You can follow this from where you are at from my big guide.

Download what you do not have from below. (download all if unsure)

DRIVERS for your version of WINDOWS or MAC OS

Odin

TransformUltra - Minus To be used with
tu_CWM_recovery - Minus

tu_root_ - Minus

Follow this video
Samsung Transform Ultra Odin CWM and Flash CWM ROOT to Keep CWM

or Loota Also did a thread on this with video

You can pm me if you need more help. The videos show step by step, just remember to pull the battery when the video tells you to, so watch it before you do it, than watch while doing it.

Please make sure you are downloading onto your computer and unzipping it on your computer before you transfer it onto your phone downloading onto your phone and or unzipping on your phone will cause issues in some cases.

Also please make sure you are not renaming the files. Technically you can rename the files but there are certain characters you cannot use without causing the file to fail the md5 check. Best thing you can do is just not rename it.

Barring these two things the main issue you may be having is just getting a bad download or transfer when moving it to your phone. If either of the two above things do not work then redownload it and retransfer it.

i don't even know where to unzip the file i cant find clock work mod or the sdcard file to put it in can anyone tell me where i could find this file i hooked the sdcard to the computer looked in the files but i cant find sdcard

i don't even know where to unzip the file i cant find clock work mod or the sdcard file to put it in can anyone tell me where i could find this file i hooked the sdcard to the computer looked in the files but i cant find sdcard

when u plug phone into pc the folder that opens up is ur sdcard in phone...you put the unziiped file in clockwordmod\backup folder

its not in the sdcard i looked for clockwork mod but i don't see that file perhaps i did something wrong ? i mean cwm works when i boot the phone but i just cant find the clockwork mod file will making a folder fix it ?

Edit okay now that i have created a clockwork folder i did everything that was said and now my superuser works well only problem is that my wifi and 3g don't work its no longer green but gray now soo.. any advice ?

its not in the sdcard i looked for clockwork mod but i don't see that file perhaps i did something wrong ? i mean cwm works when i boot the phone but i just cant find the clockwork mod file will making a folder fix it ?

Edit okay now that i have created a clockwork folder i did everything that was said and now my superuser works well only problem is that my wifi and 3g don't work its no longer green but gray now soo.. any advice ?

this update is the old version ....the new one is right here http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/592537-new-boost-ff27-update-rooted-final-ver-8-1-12-a.html

...i need some help....i did that and when i did the wipe it deleted everything including my backups. and my backups in my separate partition.

...i need some help....i did that and when i did the wipe it deleted everything including my backups. and my backups in my separate partition.

You did what? Your sdcard should remain untouched unless you chose to format it.

Ok so I have a transform ultra (boost mobile) and I tried to root it and it worked but I put a package on there (forgot what kind it was) and it messed up everything when I started my phone back up I had to delete all the files on the phone and now I can't get past the "Samsung Transform Ultra" screen is there anyone that has the stock files I deleted? Or any suggestions any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Ok so I have a transform ultra (boost mobile) and I tried to root it and it worked but I put a package on there (forgot what kind it was) and it messed up everything when I started my phone back up I had to delete all the files on the phone and now I can't get past the "Samsung Transform Ultra" screen is there anyone that has the stock files I deleted? Or any suggestions any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.

fist off if you have cwm you can skip part 1.
1.what you need to do is go here (click here) do everythign that first post says to do and use the odin method here is the download link since it was removed (click here)
2. then follow the instructions here (click here)

you should be running for the moment the only reason why i chose ctmod as your rom is because it will get you running and its a fast install now you can do and look at other roms i would suggest megatron 6.1.1 the newer update is still buggy i hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom