• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root optimus c bricked from rom manager in need of help

So I installed the recovery from rom manager ,booted into recovery and boom it bricked it. It won't go pass the lg screen. I have tried the lg update tool and recover phone thing with no luck. This has been a gift and curse because now I have a evo 4g fully flashed to cricket but would like to unbrick the lg. Can someone please help

Do you have ADB established on your PC? Do you have the USB drivers for your phone installed? If yes to the first two: Will you PC recognize your phone when you open a command prompt and type in adb devices (this should give you a long serial number). If it doesn't it will say no devices found.

I have drivers and adb. Computer recognize my phone. The only mode I can get the in the screen says sw upgrade do not unplug

Cool, you just have to flash the firmware for your phone and you will have everything just like when you pulled it out of the box. This means you will have to do everything all over again as far as modding your phone, but you will be out of trouble. Then remember to never use the factory reset from the phones menu. Just use the one from the recovery menu.
Let me know if you need help finding a guide for flashing the firmware to your phone.

Try looking here and in the All Things Root Guide sticky. I will look as well and google it first chance I get.

Try the unbrick for the optimus m, the phones are identical. After unbricking, you will have to program in your MEID as well which can be found in later posts or in the ATR sticky. You will also need to ask Cricket for your MIN and you need to program in your MDN as well. This can both be done with QPST or LGNPST. MEID programming can only be done with QXDM, which requires QPST.

After programming is finished, you need a Cricket PRL, find it from Google. Flash the PRL with LGNPST.

So now your phone is completely set up for Cricket, last thing you have to do is flash a custom ROM for the Optimus C because MMS wont work with Metro's settings.

I'm use the optimus m fix then used a fix to flash back to stock rom for optimus c which an be found on playfulgod wiki then I flashed cm7 rom. The phone is zero out . Just have to fix that problem and then everything is cool.

I'm use the optimus m fix then used a fix to flash back to stock rom for optimus c which an be found on playfulgod wiki then I flashed cm7 rom. The phone is zero out . Just have to fix that problem and then everything is cool.

Did it work?

Haven't played with that yet. Use Wi-Fi for that phone. Got an evo flashed to cricket so no rush to get the lg on network
Oh I see, I'm glad that you're phone is unbricked, I didn't think it would flash because of it being a different phone and all......

Back
Top Bottom