• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Orange to "normal"

oh well, it was fine untill it lasted.

Last night just for fun maybe, i searched for updates from my phone and it sayd it had something to update, so i did it. After that, wifi stopped working, under wireless& smthing it says under wifi "error". I tried factory reset-nothing, tried to install wefi (found this on some webpage, for some it worked)-nothing, tried another thing i found, had to boot up in recovery mode, but still nothing. Today i tried to install the same ROM you suggested in this topic, but it just won't finish the update. Then i found an official froyo ROM, but the same problem there...

If you can help, or even suggest something i should try, i would be super thankful.

you applied the update without your goldcard inserted

you may need to do this to fix the issue
http://androidforums.com/1545154-post308.html

always use a gold card for any updates
if you are concerned, make your everyday msdc into a goldcard (copy data off it, format it, make it gold card (with a new cid image as each card has its own cid) then copy data back to it)
this will mean you will not get stuck like this again as you will always have a golod card with you and a spare one as backup

Back
Top Bottom