• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [osiris][recovery] updated cwm flash method, easy

Dm47021

Android Expert
If you are on a linux system.
place the recovery image you want to flash in your home folder

open a new terminal

type: adb shell

aquire root by issuing the su command

and then

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

reboot.

Done!

To state the potentially obvious, your device needs to be rooted to use this method. FYI, for all you windows users, this is the same method junkie's AIO tool uses when you choose the terminal method.

edit: If the user puts the recovery image in their home dir, they would need to adb push first. I think you meant put recovery on sdcard.

To state the potentially obvious, your device needs to be rooted to use this method. FYI, for all you windows users, this is the same method junkie's AIO tool uses when you choose the terminal method.

edit: If the user puts the recovery image in their home dir, they would need to adb push first. I think you meant put recovery on sdcard.

OOPS. yes i meant root of sdcard. thanks !

ive been seriuously updating the tree for 4.1 / 4.2 now doesnt boot... wanna help ? my guess is ion or ramdisk

ive been seriuously updating the tree for 4.1 / 4.2 now doesnt boot... wanna help ? my guess is ion or ramdisk

I had 4.2 booting, check my cm-10.1 branch, and I think outside of boardconfig edits, I used your legacy display and media.

And its not using ion unless you reworked ZTE's coloring book coding they did for pmem. lol, Check with Junkie on details on that, he did the digging on it.

well... the tree has been modified for 4.1/4.2 using the old kernel. the new kernel i could never get to boot though i admit i kinda got pissed at it and gave up after about 2 or 3 hours of trying to adjust to the thing and i wasnt building from source i was attempting to make the thing work in my existing copy

well... the tree has been modified for 4.1/4.2 using the old kernel. the new kernel i could never get to boot though i admit i kinda got pissed at it and gave up after about 2 or 3 hours of trying to adjust to the thing and i wasnt building from source i was attempting to make the thing work in my existing copy

That will never work. Kernel using ion. Rom using pmem. Gralloc has to use ion or it will never init. Im still doing ion changes. But this is the route we need to take

ah, i was unaware they switch to ion memory management. i figured it was worth a shot kuz i got sick of the memory leak crap and downloading the new source would be painful to put it mildly lol

Back
Top Bottom