• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox coming out with case for eris

Anyone get the Otter yet and can state its thickness? In possible comparison to a innocase II?

The PDF for the Otterbox states its dimensions but no thickness. Seidio states a 1mm thickness of the innocase, I ordered one so I will I'll see. Also I emailed Otterbox to see, will let you guys know.

Upvote 0
Anyone get the Otter yet and can state its thickness? In possible comparison to a innocase II?

The PDF for the Otterbox states its dimensions but no thickness. Seidio states a 1mm thickness of the innocase, I ordered one so I will I'll see. Also I emailed Otterbox to see, will let you guys know.

I was wondering the same thing, too! Moreover, I am hoping that it's compatible with the Innodock Jr charging dock but in emails to both Seidio and Otterbox, both of them plead ignorance regarding compatibility with other company's products - probably a good C.Y.A. insurance policy? :D

The Innodock Jr certainly LOOKS compatible with the Eris Otterbox, as the dock is flexible enough to work with the Innocase as well as with the Seidio's 3500mAh extended battery when it's installed on the Eris.

Anyone have any experience regarding the Otterbox / Innodock pairing?

Upvote 0
i wouldn't have even clicked into this thread if i hadn't seen an otterbox on a blackberry the other day...i was majorly impressed. i had never seen a case like that - a clear protective film to keep dust and most things wet away from keys and screen, a hard plastic cover with 'lips' or 'walls' all over it to sort of compartmentalize water and dirt/dust coming from other directions, and a rubber skin to surround it all to give you comfort, grip, and even more environmental protection.

well thought out. i'm heading over to their site...lets see how much this costs....

Upvote 0
i just got the innocase yesterday and it is awesome. The case is super slim and barely adds bulk. Plus the texture is very similar to the back cover of the phone. Go over to that desktop cradle thread and someone posted pics of the case and the cradle thingy. It is very nice and IMO worth every penny. I did also get the smartphone experts screen protectors and tried to put one on but the fit wasn't as good as i had hoped and it didnt sit well so it is screen protector less for now and i love it. ha

Upvote 0
i just got the innocase yesterday and it is awesome. The case is super slim and barely adds bulk. Plus the texture is very similar to the back cover of the phone. Go over to that desktop cradle thread and someone posted pics of the case and the cradle thingy. It is very nice and IMO worth every penny. I did also get the smartphone experts screen protectors and tried to put one on but the fit wasn't as good as i had hoped and it didnt sit well so it is screen protector less for now and i love it. ha

+1. already got to test it out, too. dropped my phone big time. case took a beating with some dents here and there but still looks good. and phone was well protected. case didn't come off either.

Upvote 0
OK well now i will be wrapping my eris with an otterbox due to todays incident. Dropped it in parking lot and all hell broke loose. Back case popped off, battery flew out, but luckily it did not land on the face (although I have a skinomi screen protector). All this from 3ft off the ground. The back case is damaged in several places (scuffs/scratches), and now feels a bit "wiggly" on one side when attached. The phone works fine but I am now too concerned about this lego effect when dropped so I am hoping the otterbox will both protect and hold it all together the next time this happens, and you know it will. All the damage in the photo is from this drop. It was in great shape before this.
n2imagination-albums-my-eris-picture644-eris-back-damage.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones