• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Panda Home

Tried PandaHome and loved it, but one thing made me uninstall it. Perhaps someone can give me a solution? Sounds extremely nitpicky but it's a dealbreaker for me...

Why does PandaHome replace the google search widget with a different one? When you click the search bar it makes another search bar pop up at the top of the screen (so annoying). Plus, the size of the widget is different which messes up my layout.

Does anyone know how to use the "stock" google search widget with Panda?

I've wondered the same thing. It's silly to click on a Google search just to bring up a different Google search.

Install it to a home page and it is always there.

What do you mean Install it to a home page? Install what?? :S ...I'd like to use the actual Google search bar as well not some shortcut to it...

Upvote 0
Can someone explain what the dock bars do exactly? I don't see a purpose for them and I don't see how to turn them off either.

The Dock Bars make it so that you can have certain apps, shortcuts, etc available to you no matter what screen you are on. 1, 3, 5, 9 screens it does not matter, the Side Dick Bars always have those apps ready for you.

I think it's handy, but that's just an opinion.

I played with it for a while but gave up. All the program icons in the tray disappeared. They were still there in the stock "home" but the pull up tray was empty in Panda. The only way to get them back was to uninstall and reinstall. About 2 days later, they disappeared again. This time, I didn't reinstall. At least for me, too buggy for everyday use.

This happened to me too. I did not uninstall, and the apps just appeared again a few hours later (just after I read this thread last night, actually).

But there were two Active Folders I created and added Speed Dial (contact) icons to are still empty. Every single contact I had dragged into the folders has disappeared. It happened around the same time as the apps going missing. I am not sure if that is a Panda bug, but it happened at the same time as the apps disappearing from my App Drawer.

Any thoughts? I think I'll log a ticket with the Developer.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded it, it's pretty neat, but I'm so used to Sense UI.

Has anyone figured out if there is any kind of app out there to transfer your set up from your old home screen, to the new one? Or maybe there is a setting I am missing?

I am getting overwhelmed with trying to redo all of my screens.

ETA: I love the dock bars! I am putting my frequently called people on one side. Haven't started on the other side yet.

Upvote 0
Absolutely you can, considering you have a special partnership with Nvidia and some of the top hardware in the industry. Seriously 3D rendering of that sort takes an insane amount of PC horsepower unless you want frequent application crashes and literally weeks of rendering time. The resources it takes to produce a film of that quality are far far beyond anything you have at your house, or even have access to for that matter.

Upvote 0
New to the Droid community (And SmartPhones as well. Had an LG Env for the past two years). I just DL'd PandaHome...

Help a newbee out here... What are we talking about where I am reading about drawers? Also, while I know what a theme is, how do they affect the operation of the Droid...?

Like I said, still learning this new toy of mine... I like it so far... has come in handy in just the first week and a half that I have had it...

Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0
New to the Droid community (And SmartPhones as well. Had an LG Env for the past two years). I just DL'd PandaHome...

Help a newbee out here... What are we talking about where I am reading about drawers? Also, while I know what a theme is, how do they affect the operation of the Droid...?

Like I said, still learning this new toy of mine... I like it so far... has come in handy in just the first week and a half that I have had it...

Thanks in advance...

Glad you are enjoying your new toy :) My Droid has become my personal 'busybox" and even after playing with it since the first day of release always find new uses that amaze me.

The drawer is the slide out area that has all of your installed application icons. You access it by pressing the center bottom icon on your home screen. PandaHome allows you to hide icons that are in the drawer and also can change how the drawer looks. I am sure that themes slow down the Droid but my is running fine. I use a high definition theme "Fresh Blue" and it runs great.

Upvote 0
I would be interested in reading through the guide if someone has a link or .pdf of it..

Do you know how to use the drawers or what they are there for I haven't figured that one out yet... I have popped them out but what can be assigned to the location?

Thx,
AD

EDIT: Figured out you just have to have the drawer open then you can drag your app icons into it.

Hey i was looking around and i found the .PDF.. File for you ... Hope this Helps..

http://dl.pandaapp.com/pandahome/guide/pandahome_android_guide.pdf:cool:

Upvote 0
I came on this thread because I was having trouble getting Pandahome as my default too. The others are right. It is Settings>Applications>Manage App.....STOP THERE IF YOU DON'T SEE "HOME!!!!!!" If you don't see "Home" Press the "Options" button. (The one longer bar with three smaller bars under it.) Then select "Filter." It'll bring up a scrolling menu. Select "Running." This will show all running apps. From there select Home>Clear defaults. And to the one who was a smart a** and said, "You must not be understanding the instructions correctly." If you had explained it fully and correctly, it could have been understood. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I tried following the instructions above to set Panda Home as my default home. However, when following the instructions above, it won't let me 'Clear Defaults.' The only option I have is Force Stop. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do? I'm using a Behold II. TIA.

When you go to settings>applications>manage applications> (and what i'm seeing here people are saying select home, the thing is home isn't there).

That's because home is a native app that won't neccesarily show up. Select your options button on the bottom between go back and home. You'll see an option for filter. Select that and then scroll up to All and select that. THEN you'll see home, where you can select it and remove the defaults.

I wish people would follow through with their instructions and not leave people like us wondering where step 5 went, after being told 1, 2, 3, 4,5 ...7....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones