• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root partition help!!!!!!?

deathneed

So what I did was I booted into. Recovery mode and went to advanced option and selected partition SD card, but when I rebooted my phone all apps on my SD card where gone.what can I do to fix this and how can I remove the partition. Btw the data for my apps is still on my phone because iwhen I redownloaded dolphin-browser I was still logged in. To the forums and my bookmarks where still saved

Edit :also, titaniumbackup dosnt recognize. Any backed up apps
Edit : according to link 2 SD I have a partition but it is not mounted,right now though I just want to get rid of it
Ok seems like this site is dead ATM so ill check back in the morning or around 3 in the afternoon

You obviously did not read up on partitioning before doing it. Partitioning wipes all data during the process (some Linux based partitioning programs can save the data if configured properly before hand).

I know it's too late now, but you are supposed to backup your sdcard to a PC or DropBox or other cloud storage before partitioning. After you partition, you then copy those backed up files back over.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are going to have to redownload everything you used to have on your sdcard. The data for your apps was stored on the phone's internal memory, so once you redownload an app, it should be able to find it's data (like your experience with Dolphin).

Sadly, yes, unless you are good with data forensics. Music, photos, everything is lost when you partition from the recovery. There are programs that can recover the lost data, but they tend to be quite expensive and terribly slow. More appropriate for business uses than recovering music.

The program listed in my Link2SD tutorial has never lost any data when I resize, create or remove partitions. I do always do a backup before I change a partition though.

Back
Top Bottom