• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PHone is bricked? :((

If they send you the virgin mobile branded, that im assuming that's the one you will be receiving, just keep both back covers, like that you could put it in your replacement, cause the only thing branded on your replacement will be virgin mobile letters in the back cover, the front of the phone just says HTC in the top center of the screen.

The representative already told me to keep everything except the phone itself without the back cover. So I'm assuming they're sending me a refurbished one, which I don't mine. Refurbished ones get to go through retests to make sure everything works properly before they get shipped out again.

I think it would be cool to get the sprint branded one, then i have sprint on the front, virgin on the back. I get the whole family. :P

No, it doesn't do anything. tried adb and it says device not found.
That's because adb is an interface that depends on the program being present on the phone (within the ROM) and on the computer. If your phone is off, adb can't do anything.

How long did you hold volume up and down?

That's because adb is an interface that depends on the program being present on the phone (within the ROM) and on the computer. If your phone is off, adb can't do anything.

How long did you hold volume up and down?
around 15 seconds.

I tried every trick I could think of with the buttons, tried holding pwer down and then slide battery in place, tried holding power, volume up and down and slide battery in place (it was damn hard to do but I did it)

I've come to the conclusion that my phone is nothing more than a 6 oz brick. :o

It's just odd how it dies. lol

They already submitted it. I'm surprised at the fast service. Does this mean they're sending me a NIB replacement since it's being shown as a Sales Order.

Hi THOMAS,

Your order# is VMU588777064

Your order should arrive in 1-2 business days if sent by FedEx or 3-5 business days if sent by FedEx Ground. If you need to contact us, please call Virgin Mobile At Your Service at 1-888-322-1122 - or visit us on the Web at www.virginmobileusa.com. Make sure you have your order# handy when you call.

Enjoy!

The Virgin Mobile At Your Service Team

P.S. It's easy to earn bonus airtime, just join Kickbacks. You and your friends can earn 1 hour for each new referral by registering at virginmobileusa.com/kickbacks

No, they have in house sales orders because you just ordered a replacement phone from them, even a battery gets the same treatment. :D
OB

No, they have in house sales orders because you just ordered a replacement phone from them, even a battery gets the same treatment. :D
OB

Ah okay, lol Well it's being shipped through Fedex Overnight and it says I will get it by Monday.

I miss having the phone in my hands already lol

How about that. ;)

ramjet73
Thanks ramjet, your advice to leave it plugged into the charger for 8 hours works!

Any idea why my phone would just randomly hit the "deep sleep"?

Something hardware related or is it to do with software?

The replacement is on its way, I'm gonna still replace it because this already happened once for no apparent reason. Could happen again and it could be permanent.

I plan on running the RUU once the replacement arrives here Monday then gonna send it back to them. Do they care at all if the phone would still be showing as "Unlocked and S-off"?

One of my buddies hard-bricked his sprint evo 3d. I have been playing around with it but I think it's toast. Well, I think I will leave it on the charger and hope for a miracle :)

Any idea why my phone would just randomly hit the "deep sleep"?

Something hardware related or is it to do with software?
I'm not sure what causes it or if there is only one reason for it happening.

The OP of this thread seems to have had a similar problem that was attributed to the SD card so if it happens again turning it on without the SD card inserted is another thing to try.

I heard about the charging overnight as a possible fix first in the JuopunutBear IRC channel and again in the unbricking thread on the Evo 3D XDA forums.

Edit: Check this post in that thread. Does that fit your situation?

ramjet73

I'm not sure what causes it or if there is only one reason for it happening.

The OP of this thread seems to have had a similar problem that was attributed to the SD card so if it happens again turning it on without the SD card inserted is another thing to try.

I heard about the charging overnight as a possible fix first in the JuopunutBear IRC channel and again in the unbricking thread on the Evo 3D XDA forums.

Edit: Check this post in that thread. Does that fit your situation?

ramjet73

I don't think my problem is that. I powered down without charger plugged in. I tried turning on without SD card. Nothing would work. So I just left it plugged in all night last night, this morning I just hit the power button while it was still plugged in, and it turns on. Viper3d booted with that awesome viper bootanimation. And all is working fine now, I could get into bootloader/recovery. No problem at all.

I did that, and after I did that my phone went dead for a whole day. kinda ironic.:rolleyes:
I doubt that was related to the RUU and you haven't had any problems since you re-flashed it over Viper3D have you?

Just don't want users to get the impression that flashing the RUU can cause problems since the only way that might happen is if it gets interrupted in the middle of flashing the bootloader.

ramjet73

I doubt that was related to the RUU and you haven't had any problems since you re-flashed it over Viper3D have you?

Just don't want users to get the impression that flashing the RUU can cause problems since the only way that might happen is if it gets interrupted in the middle of flashing the bootloader.

ramjet73

No, no problems since flashed RUU again. Been running pure stock with no problems at all.

I don't think the RUU would cause any problem. Totally would recommend it for people experiencing bootloops and other problems when they're flashing roms, kernels etc that should be working with their configurations. I was just kinda joking with that.

Replacement phone is here and it's just exactly how I wanted! Got a Sprint Branded one. They sent it with the VM logo backcover :) So now I have an extra one.

Just booted it up after spent like 3 minutes swapping phones on VM site. Hands free activation went flawless. I'm up and running again. :)

Back
Top Bottom